The USF Tampa Campus is experiencing very high demand for on-campus housing and is nearing capacity for the fall 2022 term. In response to this situation, we have closed the fall/spring housing application and are no longer accepting housing applications for the Fall/Spring 2022-23 term.
In addition, the Room Self-Selection and Self-Selection Room Change Processes have
been closed for students with a housing application already on file.
Housing & Residential Education is initiating a Standby List process to assign any remaining beds to students who have completed the first 4 steps to living on campus, as the rooms become available. If the student’s top priority is to secure a space on campus, regardless of room type or location, they should consider enrolling on the Standby List.
To enroll in the Standby List, applicants who are ready to select a room (those who
have completed all necessary application steps) should complete the Standby List Request form. The form will open in the housing portal on Monday, May 9, 2022 at 2:00 pm (EST Time). We will accept the first 500 requests
to join the list. Should more than 500 beds become available before the start of
the Fall 2022 term, we will reopen the request form to allow more applicants to enroll.
The Standby List process will work as follows:
- Requests will be processed in the order they are received
- Assignments will be based on the first available bed. Preferences provided cannot be considered due to limited options
- Assignments are final, and the applicant will be held to the terms of the housing agreement.
- Any cancellation requests will be determined based on the eligibility criteria outlined in section IV.2. of the housing agreement.
- Students may request to be removed from the Standby List (with no cancellation fee prior to receiving an assignment) by submitting a 2022-23 Student Housing Application Cancellation Request.
- Students who are on the Standby List should request cancellation BEFORE making other housing commitments for Fall 2022.
Please review the housing agreement prior to enrolling in the Standby List. If you are not comfortable with being assigned to ANY available bed (single, double, traditional, suite or apartment), we advise you not enroll on the Standby List to allow another student to participate whose priority is to be assigned to the next available room.
If you already have a housing application on file for the fall/spring 2022-23 term, you are still able to apply for a Living Learning Communities. To find out more information, please click here.
The information above is only for fall/spring housing application for the Tampa campus.
The Summer 2022 housing applications for all terms and populations remain open and
If you don’t wish to participate in the Standby List process, we encourage you to explore the housing options at the USF St. Petersburg or the Student Government’s Off-Campus Housing portal and make a decision that is right for you. If you choose one of these options, please be sure to cancel your housing application.
If you have any questions about your housing options, please don’t hesitate to contact us via email or give us a call at 813-974-0001.