Please continue to check this page for updates as summer move-in plans are finalized.
Select your term below to view move-in information
Carefully review all information on this page. We look forward to having you on campus!
The move-in process for Summer A, AB, & C residents will begin on Friday, May 14. Summer A, AB, & C residents are not required to register for move-in appointments.
Summer A, AB, & C residents will check in at Endeavor Hall between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Friday, May 14. During check-in, residents will pick up their keys, complete any necessary forms, and activate their University ID.
If you are checking in outside of these hours, please visit The Hub service desk, where check-in will remain open on May 14 - 16 until 11 p.m. The Hub Service Desk will resume its normal hours of operation (8 a.m. - 8 p.m.)
beginning Monday, May 17.
Break Stay Residents
Residents living on campus for the Spring 2021 term and participating in break stay should arrive at the Endeavor Hall lobby on Monday, May 10 between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. to check in to their break stay assignment in Endeavor Hall. Pre-registration is not required.
If you are checking in outside these hours, please visit The Hub service desk, where
check-in will remain open on May 10 until 11 p.m.
The move-in process for Summer B residents will begin on Friday, June 25.
All residents moving in for Summer B must sign up for a check-in appointment in the housing portal. Check-in appointments will be 2-hour-long time slots on Friday, June 25, between 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Summer B residents will check at Holly J during their scheduled appointment time on Friday, June 25. During check-in, residents will pick up their keys, complete any necessary forms, and activate their University ID.
The Holly J check-in location will remain open 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Friday, June 25 and Saturday, June 26. Outside of these hours, please visit the Holly M service desk, where check-in will remain open on June 25 until 11 p.m. and on June 26-27 from 8 a.m. - 11 p.m. If you plan to arrive later than 5 p.m. on Friday, June 25, please make our staff aware by e-mailing us at email@example.com or calling us at 813-974-0001.
The move-in process for Student Support Services Program residents will take place on Sunday, June 20.
Student Support Services Program residents will check in at the Holly M Service Desk on Sunday, June 20. During check-in, residents will complete a COVID-19 health screening questionnaire (please see the COVID-19 Health Screening section below for more details).
After participating in the health screening, residents will pick up their keys, complete any necessary forms, and activate their University ID, and participate in SSS welcome programs!
The SSS Virtual Welcome Program begins at 10 a.m. on Sunday, June 20. Please arrive for check-in at Holly M between 8 a.m. - 10 a.m. on June 20 so you are prepared to attend the virtual session at 10 a.m.
The move-in process for ACE Program residents will take place on Wednesday, July 7.
ACE Program residents will check in at Holly J on Wednesday, July 7. During check-in, residents will pick up their keys, complete any necessary forms, and activate their University ID.
Students who will be living in USF Housing on the Tampa Campus will be required to
undergo a COVID-19 health screening before checking into USF Housing. Student Health
Services will be conducting the health screening in Holly J between 9 AM and 5 PM
on June 25, 2021.The health screening will consist of questions related to symptoms
of COVID-19 and a student’s risk for becoming infected with the COVID-19 virus. Some
students may be required to schedule a COVID-19 test for a future date.
When students arrive to check-in, we advise they bring the following items with them to facilitate the health screening:
- A photo identification. USF ID, driver’s license or passport can be used.
- Hand sanitizer
- A paper copy of any positive COVID-19 test results since April 9, 2021.
- If the student has received a COVID-19 vaccination, they may bring their COVID-19 vaccination card for reference
Residents who are screened by Student Health Services (SHS) and are informed that they need to schedule a COVID-19 PCR test will be directed to a SHS representative on site who will schedule the resident for a test at the Student Health Services annex in 5 days.
Residents will receive their test results through the MY Chart patient portal that can be set up at the time a resident schedules the COVID-19 testing appointment.
If a resident’s test results come back positive, they will be notified by Student Health Services and placed in isolation on campus. Learn more about the isolation process here.
Residents who have tested positive from April 9, 2021 and later (12 weeks or less) will not be required to be retested. However, these residents will be required to show proof of their positive test results. Proof of their positive test results will require a paper print out stating the date of the test and the test results. The paper print out will be collected at the Health Screening and will not be returned to the residents. Antibody test results will NOT be accepted.
As part of the health screening process, a Student Health Services representative will evaluate your COVID-19 risk exposure and advise if testing is necessary.
Residents who are isolating because they have tested positive for COVID-19 during the move in time period should not come to campus until their 10 day isolation is completed. Residents should contact Student Health Services (SHS) at (813) 974-2331 or (813) 445-4976 on the Tampa Campus to inform of their positive test result and schedule a telehealth appointment to be cleared to return to campus. The medical providers will inform USF Housing that the student will be returning at a later date.
Residents who are quarantining because they have been in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 during the move in time period should not come to campus until their 10 days of quarantine is completed. Residents should contact Student Health Services (SHS) at (813) 974-2331 or (813) 445-4976 on the Tampa Campus to inform of their quarantine and schedule a telehealth appointment to be cleared to return to campus. The medical providers will inform USF Housing that the student will be returning at a later date.
A resident who feels ill on the day of move in should not come to campus. The student should contact Student Health Services (SHS) at (813) 974-2331 or (813) 445-4976 on the Tampa Campus to schedule a telehealth appointment for further advice before returning to campus.
Any resident checking into USF Housing after 5pm on June 25th will have to complete a health screen questionnaire at the time of check in. Student Health Services will review the questionnaires the next business day and will contact the student directly if there is any required action necessary.
YES. At the time of check-in, residents may schedule an appointment to be vaccinated with either the Pfizer 2 dose vaccine or the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) 1 dose vaccine. Vaccines will be administered at Student Health Services free of charge. We strongly encourage all students to be vaccinated to protect themselves and the community.
Please contact Student Health Services (SHS) at (813) 974-2331 or (813) 445-4976 on the Tampa Campus
Residents are expected to follow the below protocols set in place by the university during the move-in process.
- Face coverings are not required for fully vaccinated individuals. Face-coverings are recommended for unvaccinated individuals, although not required.
- Residents and their move-in assistants must follow any protocols and guidance posted throughout the residence halls.
- It is recommended that residents wash their hands often and regularly disinfect their personal and work spaces.
Learn more about the actions you can take to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 here.
- Parking regulations are in place and enforced on the USF Tampa campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Individuals will be cited for any safey violations such as; parking in front of a fire hydrant, parking in a no parking zone, parking in the grass, etc. Please review all of the Parking Rules & Regulations.
- Please do not park in spaces marked as unloading zones longer than 30 minutes.
- Please do not park in any "Disabled Parking" space unless displaying a proper state-issued Disabled Parking placard, hangtag, or license plate.
- Please do not park in Numbered, Reserved, or Labeled parking spaces.
- Please note that the Publix parking lot is not a USF parking lot and non-customers parked in the lot will be addressed by Publix Management.
Please make sure to purchase your "R" parking permit in advance. Once purchased, you can print a temporary permit from the Parking Services website, and place it on your dashboard until your actual permit arrives in the mail.
Vehicles with trailers, or vehicles that can't fit in one parking space
Oversize vehicles and vehicles with trailers should park in lots 17B, 43 and 47. Oversize rental trucks, vehicles with trailers and motorhomes after unloading at designated locations are to be directed to the lots identified above. Please note: we do not recommend packing bulky furniture or items that prevent a speedy move-in/move-out process.
Parking Information: After You Move In
- Parking permits are required to park on the USF Tampa campus 24 hours per day, 7 day per week.
- Only residents with "R" permits are allowed to park in "R" lots.
- After 5:30 p.m. and on weekends, resident students displaying an R permit may park in E, S, GZ, Y, or D designated areas. Park-n-Ride (Y) permits are required to park in "Y" designated lots from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Friday.
Click here to review Summer B dining hours, locations, events, maps and more!
If you have questions regarding your dining plan, please contact Dining Services at 813-974-4499, via email, or visit Dining Services at the Marshall Student Center, 1st floor, Room 1502, during normal business hours. Visit the USF Dining Services website for more information.
Summer residents will pick up packages and mail in the North Campus Mail Center in
Holly H. You can locate your mailing address and mailbox combination in the Housing Portal
in the "Profile Information" section. Learn more about campus mail.
Open 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. daily.
Locations and Contact Information
Holly M | 813-974-7000.
- Holly M service desk hours will be 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. every day beginning Saturday, June 19.
- Holly M service desk will have extended hours from 8 a.m. - 11 p.m. for Summer B move-in from Friday, June 25 - Sunday, June 27
The HUB | 813-974-2246
- Open from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. every day through Friday, June 18 at 8 p.m
- Will be closed for Summer B beginning Saturday, June 19.
Juniper-Poplar Lobby | 813-974-0800
Currently closed for Summer terms.
USF is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Institution. For disability accommodations, please contact our office at (813) 974-0001 a minimum of five (5) working days in advance so we may best serve your needs.
- Complete the housing application steps to secure an assignment:
- Know your room assignment and roommate.
- Contact your roommate and discuss who will bring what, to avoid duplication.
- Choose the height of your bed.
Submit an online request for your desired bed height before you arrive. Lofting assistance may be delayed after the rooms are occupied. Click here to learn more.
- Sign up for a check-in appointment in the housing portal. Check-in appointments will be 2-hour-long time slots on Friday, June 25, between 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- If applicable, check your homeowner's/renter's insurance to see if it covers your belongings on campus. If not, we recommend that you purchase additional insurance through your company or check out these specialized options (links are provided as examples and do not serve as endorsements):
- Get in touch with other incoming students and stay up-to-date on important university announcements through your class Facebook group.
- Complete other university checklists (such as purchasing parking pass, ordering textbooks, etc.).
- Download and review the USF Students and Family Guide.
- Review the Move-In Checklist.
- Remember to bring your University ID with you.