Residence Halls Close on Friday, May 6 at noon!
All residents are expected to vacate their rooms 24 hours after their last exam or
by Friday, May 6 at noon, whichever comes first. Please review all the move-out information on this page.
General Closing Information
- Residents are expected to vacate the halls within 24 hours of their last final exam or by Friday, May 6 at noon, whichever comes first.
- Limited carts and bins will be available during move-out. We recommend bringing your own cart based on this limited availability. Please visit your service desk to check out a cart (Holly M for North Campus and JPH for South Campus).
- Garbage should be taken to the dumpsters as normal during move-out.
4 Steps to Complete Your Check-Out
- Sign up for a Room Condition Report check-out meeting with an RA/CM. Your RA/CM will
have a signup sheet posted outside of their room OR they will send a signup sheet
for you to complete online via your USF email account and the Floor GroupMe.
- Significant room damages will be confirmed by the RA/CM during your RCR.
- Official confirmation of charges will be emailed to your USF email account. Please review Room Damage Charges for a breakdown of potential charges.
- Other applicable damage charges include hauling, lost keys, and cleaning charges if you fail to properly check out of your room/apartment.
- Remove all personal belongings from your room prior to your check-out time. All abandoned property will be collected, removed, and disposed after 30 days.
- If you have items you wish to donate, please see these local donation centers accepting items.
- If you have a bike, you must take it with you or it will be disposed. Return all furniture to its original position. (There is a $30.00 charge to re-assemble or move furniture).
- Remove posters, tape/decals and residue, nails, hooks, etc. from walls, windows, and mirrors.
- Clean your room and/or apartment thoroughly. Clean the refrigerator and clean the stove and other appliances in the apartment, if applicable.
- Apartment style common areas must be cleaned each time a member of the living unit checks out, otherwise cleaning charges will apply - regardless of who is responsible for clean-up.
- Please remove trash and sweep/vacuum the floor. Trash must be placed in an appropriate dumpster. (Trash left in the room is subject to a trash disposal fee).
- Set your thermostat to 75 degrees. If your thermostat has a fan speed setting, set it to AUTO.
- Verify your window(s) are closed and the latch is locked. Close your blinds, rotating them to the open position.
Failure to complete these steps will result in an improper checkout fee of $100.00, as well as any applicable damage fees. View Hall Damage Charges
We suggest taking pictures of the condition of your bedroom/suite/apartment for your records. You do not need to submit these photos unless otherwise asked to by a team member.
Return your keys to your service desk between 8 a.m. - 11 p.m. after you have completed your RCR meeting with an RA/CM.
If you are leaving campus between the hours of 11 p.m. - 8 a.m., you can complete an Express Check-Out. If you are completing an Express Check-Out, pick up your express check-out envelope outside the Holly M desk or at the JPH desk. Place your keys inside, fill out the required information on the envelope and drop your envelope off at the designated key drop box for your residence hall.
Please note: Express check-out envelopes will only be available when the service desks are closed (11 p.m. - 8 a.m.).
Key Drop Box Locations
Outside of Holly M: Beacon, Beta, Castor, Cypress, Endeavor, Greek Village, Holly, Horizon, Kosove, Maple, Pinnacle, and Summit Residents
Juniper-Poplar Lobby: Juniper, Poplar and Magnolia Resident
Modified Service Desk Hours: Please note, the service desks will have modified hours of operation of 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Friday, May 6 through Sunday, May 8.
Update your forwarding address in the Housing Portal and contact any pending deliveries to update your delivery address. This includes updating your default address in Amazon. To access the mail forwarding form in the Housing Portal, choose My Account, My Profile, and then choose Mail Forwarding Information.
Parking regulations are in place and enforced on the USF Tampa campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please review the Parking Rules & Regulations.
- Loading and unloading zones near residence halls will be in place from Monday, May 2 to Friday, May 6.
- Please do not park in the unloading zones longer than 30 minutes. Please refer to the Residential Maps help direct you to a nearby parking lot.
- Please do not park in any "Disabled Parking" space unless displaying a proper state-issued Disabled Parking placard, hangtag, or license plate.
- Please do not park in Numbered, Reserved, or Labeled parking spaces.
- When parking, please note that the Publix parking lot is not a USF parking lot and non-customers parked in the lot will be addressed by Publix Management. Learn more on the Parking & Transportation Services website.
24-Hour Quiet Hours
24-hour quiet hours begin Wednesday, April 27 at 10 p.m. Please be courteous to your peers, especially when you are packing and moving during check-out. Failure to comply with quiet hours may result in immediate dismissal from the halls. Please review this information in its entirety to ensure a successful experience as you prepare for the end of the semester.
- Please pick up any mail and or packages from the mail centers before leaving campus.
- Mail Centers are open 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday – Friday and 12 – 3 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Ensure all of your carriers have an updated address on file for you.
- Update your forwarding address in the Housing Portal and contact any pending deliveries with your updated delivery address. This includes updating your default address in Amazon.
- To access the mail forwarding form in the Housing Portal, choose My Account, My Profile, and choose Mail Forwarding Information.
- The last day to pick up mail/packages is when you check-out of your room.
Lost/Damaged Key Charges:
Core Change: $50/core
Key Replacement: $15/key
Temporary Access Card: $15 if not returned
Key Tag: $10/damaged or unreturned tag
Bent/Broken Key: $6
Note: Lost key charges will vary based on your residence hall location. You will be responsible for all keys that need to be reissued to roommates and suite/apartment mates.
Swap Shop is an annual Social Justice initiative hosted by Residential Education to encourage residents to donate and repurpose items that would otherwise end up in dumpsters and landfills. Residents, students and staff can donate their personal belongings to Swap Shop as well as take items others have donated free of charge. Residents may also donate non-perishable items to be collected for Feed-A-BullFood Pantry at USF.
Donation Drop Dates:
April 19, 2022 and April 20, 2022
Locations: Holly J and Juniper-Poplar Hall Lobby
April 22, 2022 from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. in Holly J
April 25, 2022 from 3 - 7 p.m. in Holly J
Local Donation Centers Near USF
Residents wishing to donate items such as clothing, furniture, appliances, etc., can drop off their items at one of the below donation centers near the university. Please call ahead to confirm hours of operation.
St Vincent de Paul Society Thrift Store - Tampa
12310 N. Nebraska Ave Tampa, FL 33612
Metropolitan Ministries Thrift Store
2101 N. Florida Avenue, Tampa 33602.
2021 E Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612
The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center
13910 N Nebraska Avenue, Tampa, FL, 33613
Spring to Summer Break Stay information
Break stay housing between the spring 2022 and summer 2022 A/AB/C terms is available.
Residents may request to stay over the break between spring 2022 residence hall closing
and summer 2022 sessions A/AB/C residence hall opening (May 6-13). The deadline to submit a break stay form is Wednesday, April 27 at 4 p.m. Residents who fail to submit the form by April 27 must find alternate housing arrangements
for the break. Residents participating in break stay housing must be available to
move to their summer assignment on Monday, May 9, 2022.
Conditions of Break Stay include:
- Break Stay Housing is not free, nor is it already paid for in the Housing Agreement. The cost is based on the style of housing you live in (please see below for break stay rates).
- Only residents with housing accounts in good standing are eligible (February 25 was the due date for spring housing). Students with spring semester balances due are not eligible for Break Stay Housing.
- Residents eligible to request Break Stay Housing must complete the Break Stay Request form in the Housing Portal before 4 p.m. on Wednesday, April 27. After this date, residents will be required to find alternate accommodations.
Break Stay Rates:
Endeavor Traditional (Double): $244.72
Endeavor Traditional (Single): $331.45
Endeavor Suite (Double): $297.01
Endeavor Suite (Single): $368.55
Mail Information for Break Stay Residents
For students remaining on campus from May 6 - 13, mail will be delivered to mailboxes and mail centers. Packages will be delivered to both the North and South Campus Mail Centers for pickup from May 6 - 13, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday - Friday and Saturday 12 - 3 p.m.
Please e-mail us at email@example.com or call 813-974-0001 for individualized support.