Residence Halls Close on Friday, May 7 at noon!
All residents are expected to vacate their rooms 24 hours after their last exam or
by Friday, May 7 at noon, whichever comes first. Please review all the move-out information on this page.
SPRING BREAK INFORMATION
Spring break is scheduled for April 12 - 18, 2021. The remaining two weeks of instruction and final exams will be delivered remotely. This will not affect the May 7 closure of the residence halls for the spring term. Residents may complete their move-out at their convenience, but are expected to vacate their rooms no later than May 7 (with the exception of residents registered for break stay).
General Closing Information
- In order to maintain social distancing practices, you will complete an express check-out. See the 4 steps to checking out below for detailed instructions.
- Residents are expected to vacate the halls within 24 hours of their last final exam or by Friday, May 7 at noon, whichever comes first.
- To minimize crowds, residents can bring no more than two people to assist with their move-out.
- Residents are asked to follow CDC guidelines, including wearing a mask, practicing social distancing, and frequently washing their hands when moving out.
- Limited carts and bins will be available during move-out. We recommend bringing your own cart based on this limited availability. Please visit your service desk to check out a cart (Holly M for North Campus and JPH for South Campus).
- Garbage should be taken to the dumpsters as normal during move-out.
All residents will complete an express check-out. Please follow CDC guidelines, including wearing a mask, practicing social distancing, and frequently washing hands when moving out.
4 Steps to Your Express Check-Out
This step is for residents checking out between May 1-7 only. If you are checking out prior to May 1 (or are approved for a late check-out), please move on to step 2.
- Sign up for a 15-minute check-out meeting with your RA/CM between May 1 – 7. A sign-up sheet and/or instructions for signing up will be posted on your RA or CM’s door by April 16 at 5 p.m. for you to reserve your appointment.
- The purpose of the 15-minute check-out meeting is to ensure each resident has what they need to complete their move-out and the check-out checklist.
- Remove all personal belongings from your room prior to your check-out time. All abandoned property will be collected, removed, and disposed after 30 days.
- If you have items you wish to donate, please see these local donation centers accepting items.
- If you have a bike, you must take it with you or it will be disposed. Return all furniture to its original position. (There is a $30.00 charge to re-assemble or move furniture).
- Remove posters, tape/decals and residue, nails, hooks, etc. from walls, windows, and mirrors.
- Clean your room and/or apartment thoroughly. Clean the refrigerator and clean the stove and other appliances in the apartment, if applicable.
- Apartment style common areas must be cleaned each time a member of the living unit checks out, otherwise cleaning charges will apply - regardless of who is responsible for clean-up.
- Please remove trash and sweep/vacuum the floor. Trash must be placed in an appropriate dumpster. (Trash left in the room is subject to a trash disposal fee).
- Set your thermostat to 75 degrees. If your thermostat has a fan speed setting, set it to AUTO.
- Verify your window(s) are closed and the latch is locked. Close your blinds, rotating them to the open position.
Failure to complete these steps will result in an improper checkout fee of $100.00, as well as any applicable damage fees. View Hall Damage Charges
We suggest taking pictures of the condition of your bedroom/suite/apartment for your records. You do not need to submit these photos unless otherwise asked to by a team member.
Pick up your express check-out envelope at your designated service desk, mail center or from your Resident Assistant or Community Manager. Place your keys inside, fill out the required information on the envelope and drop your envelope off at the designated key drop box for your residence hall.
Key Drop Box Locations
Outside of Holly M: Beacon, Beta, Castor, Cypress, Endeavor, Greek Village, Holly, Horizon, Kosove, Maple, Pinnacle, and Summit Residents
Juniper-Poplar Lobby: Juniper, Poplar and Magnolia Residents
The key drop box locations will be available starting on April 9. If you need to complete your check-out prior to this date, please go to your Housing Service Desk (JPH or HAM) between 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. for assistance.
Update your forwarding address in the Housing Portal and contact any pending deliveries to update your delivery address. This includes updating your default address in Amazon. To access the mail forwarding form in the Housing Portal, choose My Account, My Profile, and then choose Mail Forwarding Information.
Parking regulations are in place and enforced on the USF Tampa campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please review the Parking Rules & Regulations.
- Loading and unloading zones near residence halls will be in place from Monday, May 3 to Friday, May 7.
- Please do not park in the unloading zones longer than 30 minutes. Please refer to the Residential Maps help direct you to a nearby parking lot.
- Please do not park in any "Disabled Parking" space unless displaying a proper state-issued Disabled Parking placard, hangtag, or license plate.
- Please do not park in Numbered, Reserved, or Labeled parking spaces.
- When parking, please note that the Publix parking lot is not a USF parking lot and non-customers parked in the lot will be addressed by Publix Management. Learn more on the Parking & Transportation Services website.
24-Hour Quiet Hours
24-hour quiet hours begin Wednesday, April 28 at 10 p.m. Please be courteous to your peers, especially when you are packing and moving during check-out. Failure to comply with quiet hours may result in immediate dismissal from the halls. Please review this information in its entirety to ensure a successful experience as you prepare for the end of the semester.
- Please pick up any mail and or packages from the mail centers before leaving campus.
- Mail Centers are open 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday – Friday and 12 – 3 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Ensure all of your carriers have an updated address on file for you.
- Update your forwarding address in the Housing Portal and contact any pending deliveries with your updated delivery address. This includes updating your default address in Amazon.
- To access the mail forwarding form in the Housing Portal, choose My Account, My Profile, and choose Mail Forwarding Information.
- The last day to pick up mail/packages is when you check-out of your room.
Lost/Damaged Key Charges:
Core Change: $50/core
Key Replacement: $15/key
Temporary Access Card: $15 if not returned
Key Tag: $10/damaged or unreturned tag
Bent/Broken Key: $6
Note: Lost key charges will vary based on your residence hall location. You will be responsible for all keys that need to be reissued to roommates and suite/apartment mates.
- Please note that in order to maintain social distancing practices, you will not be
asked to complete a full Room Condition Report (RCR) check out with an RA/CM.
- The 15-minute check out meetings are quick touch base meetings intended to provide support, but not to go into detail on any room condition.
- Significant damages will be confirmed by your RLC/ARLC after your check out is complete and your room keys have been returned.
- Official confirmation of charges will be emailed to your USF email account. Please
review Room Damage Charges for a breakdown of potential charges.
- Other applicable damage charges include hauling, lost keys, and cleaning charges if you fail to properly check out of your room/apartment.
Residents wishing to donate items such as clothing, furniture, appliances, etc., can drop off their items at one of the below donation centers near the university. Please call ahead to confirm hours of operation.
St Vincent de Paul Society Thrift Store - Tampa
12310 N. Nebraska Ave Tampa, FL 33612
Metropolitan Ministries Thrift Store
2101 N. Florida Avenue, Tampa 33602.
2021 E Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612
The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center
13910 N Nebraska Avenue, Tampa, FL, 33613
Spring to Summer Break Stay information
Break stay housing between the spring 2021 and summer 2021 A/AB/C terms is available.
Residents may request to stay over the break between spring 2021 residence hall closing
and summer 2021 sessions A/AB/C residence hall opening (May 7-14). The deadline to submit a break stay form is Wednesday, April 21 at 4 p.m. Residents who fail to submit the form by April 21 must pay a late fee to submit the
request, or must find alternate housing arrangements for the break. Residents participating
in break stay housing must be available to move to their summer assignment on May
Conditions of Break Stay include:
- Break Stay Housing is not free, nor is it already paid for in the Housing Agreement. The cost is based on the style of housing you live in (please see below for break stay rates). This does not apply to Greek Village.
- Only residents with housing accounts in good standing are eligible (January 15 was the due date for spring housing). Students with spring semester balances due are not eligible for Break Stay Housing.
- Residents eligible to request Break Stay Housing must complete the Break Stay Request form in the Housing Portal before 4 p.m. on Wednesday, April 21. After this date, residents must pay a late fee to submit the request or will be required to find alternate accommodations.
Break Stay Rates:
Endeavor Traditional (Double): $238.84
Endeavor Suite (Double): $289.59
Endeavor Suite (Single): $362.39
Mail Information for Break Stay Residents
For students remaining on campus from May 7 - 14, mail will be delivered to mailboxes and mail centers. Packages will be delivered to both the North and South Campus Mail Centers for pickup from May 7 - 11, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday - Friday and Saturday 12 - 3 p.m.
Please e-mail us at email@example.com or call 813-974-0001 for individualized support.