Outreach and Access
Use the following USF admissions resources to help you complete and submit your application to USF.
How to Apply to USF
USF will not consider your application complete and begin admission evaluation until all steps have been completed:
- Complete the online application
- Pay the non-refundable $30 application fee or submit an application fee waiver*
- Send your official transcript(s) to USF
- High School Students: Ask your school to send transcripts to USF electronically. If
this option is not available, official transcripts for all three USF campuses should
be mailed to:
University of South Florida
Office of Admissions
4202 E Fowler Avenue, SVC 1036
Tampa, FL 33620
- GED Students: Request an official transcript through GED Testing Services.
- Home-School Students: Complete our Home School Transcript Template if an official transcript is not available.
- High School Students: Ask your school to send transcripts to USF electronically. If this option is not available, official transcripts for all three USF campuses should be mailed to:
- Send official SAT or ACT scores to USF
- Request official SAT scores directly from the The College Board. Our school code is 5828.
- Request official ACT scores directly from ACT, Inc. Our school code is 0761.
The application process can be confusing. To get started, watch our application tutorials that walk you through the entire process:
All students are encouraged to apply early. At USF, admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis as applications are completed and all supporting documents are received. You may apply as early as July of your senior year.
Summer/Fall Semester Start
- August 1 – Summer/fall application opens
November 1 – Priority application deadline for admission
- January 1 – Priority deadline for financial aid consideration. Submit your FAFSA by this date to be considered for the most types of aid possible.
- January 15 – Application completion deadline for admissions scholarships. Submit your application and all supporting documents by this date to be automatically considered for valuable admissions scholarships.
- March 1 – Final application deadline. Submit your application by this date to be considered for summer or fall admission.
- May 1 – Admissions deposit deadline. Submit your $200 admission deposit by this date to reserve your space in the summer or fall semester.
OUTREACH AND ACCESS SCHOLARSHIPS
USF offers several scholarships just for multicultural, underrepresented, first-generation and special-population students. To be considered, complete an application in AwardSpring by the deadlines listed for each scholarship.