Dean's Student Leadership Society (DSLS)
Being a member of the Dean's Student Leadership Society is the perfect opportunity for leadership, service, fun, and friendship. The purpose of this highly selective group of CAS students is to promote pride in a liberal arts education and to assist in strengthening the identity of both the College of Arts and Sciences and the University of South Florida. These students will further develop leadership and communication skills while serving as a link between CAS students, administration and alumni.
This society strives to promote a sense of community among all CAS students through student-led programs, including student organization socials, workshops designed for graduating seniors, and opportunities for all students to interact with the Dean. DSLS members serve as mentors to incoming freshmen and will be involved in Freshman Orientation.
The Dean's Student Leadership Society represents the College of Arts and Sciences at a variety of events, including scholarship banquets, alumni reunions, USF Family Weekend, Freshman Orientation, public lectures, and Homecoming. In addition, they serve as hosts when alumni and prospective students visit campus.
The Dean's Student Leadership Society was established in August 2013 by Dean Eric Eisenberg.
- Network with CAS administration and alumni
- Further, develop leadership and communication skills
- Exclusive Leadership Luncheons featuring CAS alumni
- Receive a CAS alumni mentor
- Professional development opportunities
- Attend private events for CAS alumni and donors
- Free USF apparel
- Free food at events
- Membership Requirements
- College of Arts and Sciences major *Health Sciences is now a College of Public Health major*
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA (USF)
- Completed at least 2 full-time semesters at USF Tampa
- Strong record of leadership and service at USF and in the Tampa Bay community
- Attend our meetings every other week
- Attend new member induction ceremony
- Attend our new member retreat
- Be able to work occasionally at events in the evenings and on the weekends
- Be able to serve for at least two semesters after recruitment
- Be an active participant in the organization's activities and serve on at least one committee. Members who are not active in the organization will be asked to resign.
- Remain in good academic standing with the University of South Florida and the College of Arts and Sciences