Dean's Student Leadership Society (DSLS)
How to Apply
DSLS Info Session Video
Thank you for your interest in the Dean’s Student Leadership Society! Our Recruitment Committee will be hosting several information sessions throughout the fall semester and are strongly encouraged for anyone interested in applying. At these sessions and our other recruitment events, you will learn about our organization, our members, the benefits of being a member, and specifics about our application process.
Our application requires an application form (to be released), a letter of recommendation from aprofessional reference (max. 500 words), an optional letter of recommendation from a personal reference (max. 300 words), and an unofficial transcript to the advisor. More details for submitting applications will be provided at the information sessions.
Below is our current timeline for recruitment and membership application:
- October 31st: Application Opens
- Week of November 7th: Recruitment Social
- Week of November 14th: First Information Session
- Week of November 28th: Second Information Session
- January 20th: Letters of Recommendation Due
- Week of January 23rd: Applications and Transcripts Due
- February 3rd: Applicants Notified of their Status
- Week of February 13th: First Round of Interviews
- March 8th-10th: Second Round of Interviews
- Week of March 20th: Final Round of Interviews
- Week of March 20th: New Members Notified
- Week of April 3rd: New Member Social
- April 7th: New Member Induction and Graduation Celebration
- April 8th: DSLS Member Retreat – required for all new and current members.
Interview dates to be posted soon! Any “Week of” dates will be updated by October 1st