Communication focuses on the concepts, theories, and practice of human communication. Students apply their understanding of communication research and principles to personal, professional, and community relationships and concerns.
The major consists of 39 credits/13 classes; 6 core classes:
The department encourages students to tailor their program of study to meet their own interests.
- SPC 2608 Public Speaking
- COM 2000 Introduction to Communication
- SPC 3544 Persuasion and Media
- SPC 3301 Interpersonal Communication
- ORI 3004 Communication As Performance
- COM 4958 Communication Capstone
and 7 major’s electives from the department offerings.
The Honors Program in Communication allows qualified students to pursue advanced study. A minor in Communication is also available.