Lambda Pi Eta (Xi Mu Chapter)
Lambda Pi Eta is the National Communication Honor Society. The Xi Mu chapter at the University of South Florida embraces the following mission: To recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement; to stimulate interest in the field of communication; to promote and encourage professional development among communication majors; and to establish and maintain close relationships and understanding between faculty and students.
Invitations for submission are made in early fall and spring semesters. Look for flyers
posted around the department and on CANVAS.
Students are eligible for election to membership once they:
- Have completed 60 credit hours of course work
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all courses taken
- Have completed 12 credit hours in the communication major
- Have a GPA of at least 3.25 for all communication courses
- Currently be enrolled as a student in good standing, as determined by the institution.
Please complete The application linked below to be considered for the Xi Mu chapter
of Lambda Pi Eta at the University of South Florida. The total cost for membership
is $30 and includes membership to the Lambda Pi Eta Honors Society with certificate,
membership pin, and honor cords. Dues must be paid electronically upon acceptance
into the XI Mu chapter; a link will be sent to you via email to collect payment.
Updated dealine date: Completed applications are due Friday March 27, 2023.
Dr. Navita Cummings James