Undergraduate Advising Questions?
- Look on this site for general information about the degree program and for links to forms and other relevant degree information. Or go to your Degree Works audit via OASIS
- Send an email to an Advisor to clarify information or declare the major.
- Set an appointment with an Advisor to discuss academic planning or other issues related to academic progress.
- Check Canvas at the Communication Majors site regularly for updates on degree program, internship/job opportunities, and other departmental announcements.
- advising FAQs
- requirements for the communication major
- schedule an advising appointment
Prospective and returning students interested in Communication should use our Bookings page to meet with an advisor. Current and admitted USF students should schedule their appointments in Archivum. Advising appointments can be scheduled up to 2 weeks in advance and the appointment scheduler will show up-to-the-minute availability of slots. If a student cancels, their spot opens back up, so if it looks full, keep checking back. Plan ahead since appointments tend to book up at least a week in advance. Students will then be seen on a first-come-first-serve basis.
For matters other than scheduling appointments, please email us with inquiries and include U# and daytime phone numbers. Alternatively, our Advisors can be contacted by phone. They do not have voicemail boxes, however, in their absence, all calls will be forwarded to the College of Arts and Sciences Associate Dean's Office.