Students participating in the Graduate Teaching Assistantship program gain valuable teaching experience by partnering with one or more faculty teaching mentors.
Students who accept and hold funded assistantships must:
- Be enrolled full-time in 9 hours of coursework a semester
- Make adequate progress toward the degree
- Complete course work with a 3.0 grade average or better
Graduate Teaching Assistantship FAQs
Currently the department is not able to offer summer assistantships. Students are encouraged to have supplemental income for summers.
- Fall Admission and consideration for funding: May 1
- Fall Admission without funding: June 1
- Spring Admission and consideration for funding: September 15
- Spring Admission without funding: October 15