Kate Tiedemann School of Business and Finance
Lee, Joon Mahn, Jung Chul Park, and Guoli Chen, “A Cognitive Perspective on Real Options Investment: CEO Overconfidence,” Strategic Management Journal, Forthcoming 2022, https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/smj.3469.
Hanousek Jr, Jan, Hoje Jo, Christos Pantzalis, and Jung Chul Park, “A Dilemma of Self-Interest vs Ethical Responsibilities in Political Insider Trading,” Journal of Business Ethics, Forthcoming 2022, https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10551-022-05265-0.
- Pandey, V., T. Steigner, N. Sutton, “Learning in serial mergers: Evidence from a global sample," Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, forthcoming 2021, http://doi.org/10.1111/jbfa.12548.
Bradley, D., Jame, R., Williams, J., "Non-Deal Roadshows, Informed Trading, and Analyst Conflicts of Interest." Journal of Finance, forthcoming. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3302687 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3302687
- Bradley, D., Mao, C. X., Zhang, C, "Does Analyst Coverage Affect Workplace Safety?" Management Science, Forthcoming. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3313851
- Antia, M., Tandon, A. (2021). Interest Costs, Taxes and Value Creation. Rutgers Business Review, 2020_089.
- J. Engelberg, L. Thompson, and J. Williams, (2020) "Stock Market Anomalies and Baseball Cards." Financial Review, 55(3): 461-479
- Pacini, C., Forbes Stowell, N., Katz, I., Patterson, G., Lin, W. (2020). "An Analysis of Money Laundering, Shell Entities, and No Ownership Transparency
That Washes Off and On Many Shores: A Building Tidal Wave of Policy Responses" Kansas Journal of Law and Public Policy, 30,1, 1 – 36.
- Chang, K., Li, Y., & Yi, H. (2020) "Informed Equity Ownership and Bank Loan Contracting" Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, forthcoming.
- Schmidt, M. & Stowell, N. (2020) “Ten Best Practices for Online Business Courses,” Presented at the 2020 Financial Education Association/Academy of Business Education annual conference
- Qi, J., N. Sutton, Q. Zheng, (2020) “The Value of Innovation and the Spillover Effect on Alliance Partners,” Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Vol. 55, April 2020, pp. 1427–1457.
- Smersh, G. (2020) "Pricing Moral Hazard in Residential Properties: The Impact of Sinkhole Claims
on House Prices" Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics
- Sanchez, E. Jr. & Oh, J. (2020) "The unexpected and stickiness behavior of institutional investors in index
funds" Managerial Finance, Volume: ahead-of-print Issue (2020) ISSN: 0307-4358 Online ISSN: 1758-7743
- Pantzalis, C.& Meng, Y. (2020) “Foreign-Born Resident Networks and Stock Comovement: When Local Bias Meets
Home (Country) Bias” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis
- DiGiovanni, Y., Hirshleifer, D., and Jiag, D. (2020) "Mood beta and Seasonalities in stock returns" Journal of Financial Economics, VOL, 137/1, pp. 272-295
- Kwoka, J. & Wang, P. (2020) "Raising Rivals Costs by Customer Diversion: Evidence from Airline Baggage Fees" International Journal of the Economics of Business DOI: 10.1080/13571516.2020.1805279
- Sanchez, E. Jr. (2020) "The Unexpected and Stickiness Behavior of Institutional Investors in Index Funds" Managerial Finance
- Schmidt, M.K. (2020), "Ask the Experts: Best Business-Credit-Card Practices" WalletHub
- Stowell, N.F., Pacini, C., Schmidt, M.K. and Wadlinger, N. (2020), "Senior health care fraud under investigation" Journal of Financial Crime, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print.
- Stowell, N.F., Pacini, C., Schmidt, M.K., Wadlinger, N., and Crain, J. (2020), "Investigating Healthcare Fraud: Its Scope, Applicable Laws, and Regulations"
William & Mary Business Law Review, VOL, 11 No.2, pp. 479-527
Antia, M.,Pantzalis, C., Park, J. (2020) "Does CEO Myopia Impede Growth Opportunities?" Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting
Choi, J., Le,L., and Williams, J. (2019) “Asymmetric Learning from Prices and Post-Earnings-Announcement Drift” Contemporary Accounting Research, 36(3): 1724-1750.
Kwasnica, T., Velthuis, R., Williams, J. (2019) “Did You See what I Saw? Interpreting Others’ Forecasts when their Information is Unknown” Review of Finance, 23(2): 325-361.
- Kim, I., Hong, W., Wang, B., and Yang, T. (2019) "Institutional Investors and Corporate Environmental, Social, and Governance
Policies: Evidence from Toxics Release Data," Management Science 65(10): 4901-4926
- Antia, M. (2019) "The Impact of Climate Change on GDP Growth and National Wealth." Rutgers Business Review
Antia, M. (2019) "Preferred Stock Awards: A Novel Idea for Manager Compensation." Compensation and Benefits Review
- Lee, J.M., Park, J.C., and Folta, T.B. (2018) “CEO Career Horizon, Corporate Governance, and Real Options: The Role of Economic
Short-Termism,” Strategic Management Journal 39(10): 2703-2725.
- Chang, K., Jo, H., & Li, Y. (2018). "Is there informational value in corporate giving?" Journal of Business Ethics, 151(2), 473-496.
- Antia, M. (2018) "The Need for Policy Focused Finance Research." Rutgers Business Review
- Antia, M. (2018) "Regulations and Economic Welfare." Muma Business Review
- Bradley, D., Pantzalis, C., and Yuan, X. "The influence of political bias in state pension funds," Journal Financial Economics, Forthcoming.
- Chang, K., Kim, I., & Li, Y. (2014). "The heterogeneous impact of corporate social responsibility activities that
target different stakeholders." Journal of Business Ethics, 125(2), 211-234.
- Bradley, D., Clarke, J., Lee, S., and Ornthanalai, C. (2014) "Are analysts' recommendations informative? Intraday evidence on the impact
of time stamp delays," Journal of Finance 69, 645-674,
- Borghesi, R., Houston J., and Naranjo, A. (2014) "Corporate Socially Responsible Investments: CEO Altruism, Reputation, and
Shareholder Interests," Journal of Corporate Finance 26, 164-181.
- Kabongo, J. D., Chang, K., & Li, Y. (2013). The impact of operational diversity on corporate philanthropy: An empirical study of US companies. Journal of Business Ethics, 116(1), 49-65.
- Williams, J. (2013) "Financial Analysts and the False Consensus Effect," Journal of Accounting Research, 51, 855-907,
Antia, M., Kim, I., Pantzalis, C. (2013) "Political Geography and Corporate Political Strategy." Journal of Corporate Finance
Antia, M., Meyer, R. (2013) "Should the SEC Outsource Research to Academia?" Financial Analysts Journal
- Buchanan, B., Netter, J., Poulsen, A. and Yang, T. (2012) "Shareholder Proposal Rules and Practice: Evidence from a Comparison of the US and UK," American Business Law Journal 49 (4): 739-803
- Kim, C., Pantzalis, C., and Park, J.C. (2012) "Political Geography and Stock Returns: The Value and Risk Implications of
Proximity to Political Power," Journal of Financial Economics 106, 196-228
- Engelberg, J., Sasseville, C., and Williams, J. (2012) "Market Madness? The Case of Mad Money," Management Science, 58, 351-364
- Brau, J., Couch, R., and Sutton, N., (2012) "The Desire to Acquire and Long-Run IPO Underperformance," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 47, 493-510
Antia, M., Meyer, R. (2012) "Fault the Tax Code for Low Dividend Payouts: A Comment," Financial Analysts Journal
Antia, M. (2011) "Volatility Management and Wealth Creation: A Long-Term Perspective," Journal of Wealth Management
Antia, M., Pantzalis, C., Park, J. (2010) "CEO Decision Horizon and Firm Performance: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Corporate Finance
- Brau, J., N. Hatch, N. Sutton, (2010) “Dual-Track versus Single-Track Sell-Outs: An Empirical Analysis of Competing Harvest
Strategies,” Journal of Business Venturing, Vol. 25, 4, July 2010, pp. 389-402.
- Doukas, J., Kim, C., and Pantzalis, C., (2010) "Arbitrage Risk and Stock Mispricing," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 45, 907–934
- Chari, M. D., & Chang, K. (2009). Determinants of the share of equity sought in cross-border acquisitions. Journal of International Business Studies, 40(8), 1277-1297.
- Linck, J. S., Netter, J., and Yang, T. (2009) "The Effects and Unintended Consequences of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act on Corporate Boards," Review of Financial Studies 22(8): 3287-3328
- Linck, J.S., Netter J., and Yang, T. (2008) "The Determinants of Board Structure," Journal of Financial Economics 87: 308-328
- Bradley, D., Jordan, B., and Ritter, J. (2008) "Analyst behavior following IPOs: The bubble period evidence," Review of Financial Studies 21, 101-133
- Khorana, A., Servaes, H., and Wedge, L. (2008) "Portfolio Manager Ownership and Fund Performance," Journal of Financial Economics, 89, 175-204
- Francis, B., Hasan I., and Hunter, D. (2008) "Can Hedging Tell the Full Story? Reconciling Differences in U.S. Aggregate-and
Industry-Level Exchange Rate Premium," Journal of Financial Economics, 90, 169-196
- Khorana, A., Tufano, P., and Wedge, L., (2007) "Board Structure, Mergers and Shareholder Wealth: A Study of the Mutual Fund
Industry," Journal of Financial Economics, 85, 571-598
Antia, M., Linn, B., Pantzalis, C. (2007) "Cultural Distance and Valuation of Multinational Corporations," Journal of Multinational Financial Management
Antia, M., Pantzalis, C. (2006) "Security Analyst Incentives and Quality of Analyst Generated Information," Journal of Investing
Antia, M., Meyer, R. (2006) "Fault the Tax Code for Low Dividend Payouts," Financial Analysts Journal
- Francis, B., Hasan, I., and Hunter, D. (2006) "Dynamic Relations between International Equity and Currency Markets: The
Role of Currency Order Flow," Journal of Business 79, 219-258
- Doukas, J., Kim, C., and Pantzalis, C., (2006) "Divergence of Opinion and Equity Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 41, 573-606
- Rutherford, R., Springer, T., and Yavas, A. (2005) "Conflicts between principals and agents: Evidence from residential brokerage," Journal of Financial Economics, 76, 627-665
- Bradley, D., Cooney, J., Jordan, B., and Singh, A. (2004) "Negotiation and the IPO Offer Price: A Comparison Between Integer and Non-integer
IPOs, 2004, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 39, 517-540
- Kanatas, G., and Qi, J. (2004) "Dividends and Debt with Managerial Agency and Lender Holdup," Management Science, 50, 1249-1260
- Bradley, D., Jordan, B., Ritter, J. (2003) "The Quiet Period Goes Out With a Bang," Journal of Finance, 58, 1-36
- Brau, J., Francis, B., and Sutton, N. (2003) "The Choice of IPO Versus Takeover: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Business, 76, 583-612
- Kanatas, G. and Qi, J. (2003) "Integration of Lending and Underwriting: Implications of Scope Economies,"
Journal of Finance, 58, 1167-1191
- Doukas, J., Kim, C., and Pantzalis, C. (2002) "A test for the Errors-in-Expectations Explanation of the Value/Glamour Storck
Returns Performance: Evidence from Analysts' Forecasts," Journal of Finance, 57, 2143-2165
- Bradley, D. and Jordan, B. (2002) "Partial Adjustment to Public Information and IPO Underpricing," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 37, 595-616
- Kanatas, G. and Qi, J. (2001) "Imperfect Competition, Agency, and Financing Decisions," Journal of Business, 74, 307-338
- Ang, J. and Sutton, N. (2000) "Earnouts in Mergers: Agreeing to Disagree and Agreeing to Stay," Journal of Business, 73, 445-476