Certifying Equal Opportunity Compliance on Grant Applications
- Evidence of USF Compliance with Anti-Discrimination Laws
- Grant/contract applications may require certification that the contracting agency, the University of South Florida, complies with particular federal or state Equal Opportunity laws. The Diversity, Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Office ensures that USF complies with these laws. Evidence of this compliance may be found in the anti-discrimination policies of USF and the DIEO Complaint Process. Further evidence may be found in the plans that are updated annually by the Diversity, Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Office: the Affirmative Action Plan for Women and Minorities, the Florida Equity Report, the Affirmative Action Plan for Veterans, and the Affirmative Action Plan for People with Disabilities.
- Certification of Compliance by the Diversity, Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Office
- Grant/contract applications may require evidence of one of the policies or plans listed above, or the grant may require an affidavit or a questionnaire to be completed and signed by USF's Equal Opportunity Officer. Either of these certifications, or any other information relevant to USF's compliance with anti-discrimination laws, may be obtained from the Diversity, Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Office as described below.
II) OBTAINING COMPLIANCE INFORMATION
- USF's Anti-Discrimination Policies
- Some grants may require copies of policies as evidence of compliance with anti-discrimination laws. To obtain copies of USF's anti-discrimination policies, print the web pages from these links:
- USF's Equal Opportunity Plans
- Some grants may require copies of Equal Opportunity plans as evidence of compliance. To obtain copies of USF's equal opportunity plans, which are updated every year, contact the Diversity, Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Office, ALN 172, (813) 974-4373.
- Forms or Affidavits of Compliance
- Some grants may require that specific forms or affidavits to certify compliance with anti-discrimination laws. If you have questions regarding the completion of the form, please contact the Diversity, Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Office at (813) 974-4373 for assistance.
- Summaries of Equal Opportunity Progress or Accomplishments
If the grant requires a summary of equal opportunity progress or accomplishments at USF, please contact Chai Demoulin, Diversity, Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Office, ALN 172, (813) 974-0537, who will assist you in developing an appropriate summary.