In the news
‘Weaving the Web of Diversity’ at The Great American Teach-In
The University of South Florida participated in The Great American Teach-In, an annual, nationwide event during which guests from various trades and professions visit classrooms to challenge students to begin thinking about future career paths. These community members were invited into the schools to talk about their professions and the challenges that helped them get to where they are today.
Read the full article here!
You can also read a related article in Spanish here!
DEI IN THE MEDIA 2022
- Associate Professor McArthur Freeman and his son, Nathaniel, partnered with the USF Sarasota-Manatee Campus Center for PAInT to offer a "Superhero Storytelling Workshop” for children of color.
- Recently named Pat Tillman scholar, Rio Tate, who after serving this country in the military now makes it his mission as a graduate student within the School of Aging Studies to conduct dementia research.
- Associate professor, Dr. Ruthmae Sears, pursues her passion to help pregnant teen mothers in the Bahamas continue their studies.
- Our new director of the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), Clara Buie, is dedicated to engaging with our multicultural communities in meaningful ways.
- Students such as architecture student Alejandro Aguirre and teacher Jennifer Caballero, opened their hearts and homes to trace their graduation success journeys with the full support of their hard-working immigrant families.
- President Rhea Law addresses the Hispanic community on Spanish-language television, detailing our proactive support of Latino success.