College of Education to host 16th Annual Education in Action Luncheon
TAMPA, Fla. (October 30, 2018) – The University of South Florida (USF) College of Education and the Florida State Fairgrounds are proud to host the 16th Annual Education in Action Luncheon on Wednesday, November 14 at the Florida State Fairgrounds Florida Center.
The Education in Action luncheon is a unique opportunity that connects a diverse group of stakeholders from across the Tampa Bay area to explore critical issues facing the education profession. The theme for this year's luncheon is "Bridging Workforce Partnerships," and will explore the field of workforce education and development, a rapidly growing area of focus in education that prepares young and adult people for productive lives under a more dynamic economy that is demanding of a new set of skills.
As part of this year's event, a panel of educators, business leaders and USF community members will discuss workforce education, emerging trends in the field and how the Tampa Bay community can become involved in USF's efforts to advance research in this critical area.
- Jeffrey and Brandy Fishman, President and Vice President of Fishman Family Foundation
- Simone Brookins Jenkins, doctoral student in the College of Education's Career and Workforce Education program
- Earl Lennard, PhD, Former Superintendent, Hillsborough County Public Schools
- Judith Ponticell, PhD, USF Professor of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
- Jose Valiente, Chief Financial Officer, Catalina Finer Foods
- Moderator: Stephanie Holmquist Johnson, PhD, President of Holmquist Education Consultants
The luncheon will be held from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the Florida State Fairgrounds Florida Center, and doors will open at 11:30 a.m.
Table sponsorships and individual tickets are available. For more information, please contact College of Education Development Director Tracee Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-974-0363.