VO2max, also known as maximal oxygen uptake, is the measurement of the maximum amount of oxygen a person can utilize during intense exercise. It is a common measurement used to establish the aerobic capacity of an athlete prior to or during the course of training. This test can be performed using either a treadmill or a cycle ergometer.
BENEFITS OF VO2MAX TESTING:
- Accurate data for individual profile
- Indicator of cardiovascular fitness
- Identify anaerobic threshold
- Determine maximal heart rate
- Determine heart rate training zones
- Data to inform aerobic training