A rising number of graduate programs offered by the University of South Florida are considered among the best in America, according to 2023 rankings released today by U.S. News & World Report (U.S. News). USF features 13 graduate programs ranked in the top 50 among all public and private institutions, led by industrial and organizational psychology at No. 3, public health at No. 16, and the audiology and criminology programs both ranked at No. 18. USF’s nursing master’s degree and industrial engineering programs continue to rise in the ranks, with both entering the top 50 this year.
Overall, U.S. News ranks a total of 34 USF graduate programs inside the top 100, an increase from 32 programs last year.
The USF Health Morsani College of Medicine remains in the top 50 for U.S. medical schools for research, moving up two spots from last year to No. 46.
In addition, USF’s biology, earth sciences, nursing-master’s, medical-primary care, and business-part-time MBA programs saw double-digit gains in the rankings.
“The University of South Florida is proud to be recognized for delivering high-quality graduate programs that prepare students for their careers and help fill the talent pipeline for employers in the Tampa Bay region and throughout our state,” USF President Rhea Law said. “Seeing a growing number of USF programs highly ranked is a testament to the hard work and commitment of our students, faculty and staff.”
Full list of USF’s top 50 programs:
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology – 3
- Public Health – 16
- Audiology – 18
- Criminology – 18
- Library and Information Studies – 27
- Rehabilitation Counseling – 27
- Medical – Health Graduates Practicing in Health Professional Shortage Areas – 35
- Nursing – Master’s – 42
- Healthcare Management– 43
- Medical Research – 46
- Industrial Engineering – 47
- Physical Therapy – 49
- Environmental Engineering – 50
Full list of USF’s 51-100 programs:
- Speech-Language Pathology* – 55
- Clinical Psychology* – 56
- Medical – Primary Care – 56
- Earth Sciences – 62
- Education – Overall – 62
- Medical – Graduates Practicing in Primary Care Specialties – 63
- Medical – Diversity Index - 65
- Nursing – Doctor of Nursing Practice – 67
- Pharmacy* – 68
- Engineering – Civil – 69
- Engineering – Chemical – 69
- Fine Arts* – 73
- Business ‐ Part‐time MBA - 75
- Statistics – 86
- Engineering – Computer Engineering – 89
- Engineering – Overall – 92
- Sociology* – 92
- Nursing – Anesthesia* – 94
- Social Work – 94
- Psychology – 97
- Engineering – Electrical/ Electronic/Communications – 99
As U.S. News does not release new rankings for every program, every year, rankings denoted with an asterisk have been republished this year.
According to U.S. News, rankings are generated through “ranking indicators” derived from reputation or data reported by each institution. For some programs, U.S. News evaluates key areas such as expert opinions in the field, opportunities for student engagement, resources for student support and career success, as well as faculty and student performance, in terms of existing credentials, research impact and metrics such as student job placement.
The graduate program rankings reinforce USF’s top 50 position among public institutions on the U.S. News annual list of best universities that was released in September. Over the past 10 years, no university in the nation has risen faster than USF in those rankings.