By Althea Johnson, University Communications and Marketing
Residence halls at the University of South Florida are expected to be at full capacity for the fall semester, with thousands of students and their families traveling to campus to move in this week. A total of approximately 7,400 students are expected to live on campus - nearly 6,500 in Tampa and more than 900 in St. Petersburg.
“We are thrilled to welcome thousands of students and their families to campus as we prepare for another exciting year at the University of South Florida,” Law said. “With many Week of Welcome events and student involvement opportunities planned across USF’s three campuses, it is a great time for our students to explore everything we have to offer throughout our vibrant university community.”
Student housing statistics:
- More than 400 student volunteers have signed up to help their peers move in through USF’s signature Bull Haul program on the Tampa campus.
- Including students, families and other volunteers, USF estimates 10,000 people will be on the Tampa campus Thursday to help welcome and move students into the residence halls.
- Student residents on the Tampa campus represent 47 states and 75 countries; on the St. Petersburg campus, student residents represent 33 states and territories as well as seven countries.
- USF has 33 residence halls on the Tampa and St. Petersburg campuses.
- USF features 19 Living Learning Communities, which are residential communities designed to provide a cohort experience with peers who share similar academic, career and co-curricular interests.
- USF’s on-campus housing capacity will grow next year as the Sarasota-Manatee campus opens its first-ever residence hall and student center. Construction is ongoing for the project that will house as many as 200 students and is expected to be completed for the fall 2024 semester. More information is available here.
This fall at USF, students will be able to take advantage of various new additions on campus, which can be found here.
More information about how to apply for housing at USF can be found here.