Guiding Principles for Strategic Budgeting
Strategic budgeting decisions should:
- Safeguard the health and safety of students, faculty and staff.
- Sustain commitment to student success.
- Strengthen USF's stature as one of Florida's Preeminent research universities, USF's top-tier ranking on Florida's performance-based funding metrics, top-25 ranking (U.S. News & World Report), eligibility in the Association of American Universities, and broad institutional excellence.
- Maintain compliance and accreditations (i.e., institutional and specialized).
- Honor shared governance by iteratively engaging faculty, staff and students on all campuses.
- Emphasize USF's Principles of Community (e.g. transparency, respect, fairness and equity) and campus identities.
- Prioritize investment by balancing USF's competitive advantages as a research university and support for the external communities we serve.
- Maximize service quality, as well as operational and financial efficiencies.
- Ensure financial stewardship to reach budget objectives (e.g. liquidity and a balanced budget), while minimizing the adverse impact on faculty and staff.
- Embrace creative and innovative change.