Apply For Graduation
Apply For Graduation
To receive your diploma and have graduation reflected on your transcript, you must apply for graduation through OASIS before the deadline.
Priority deadlines to apply for graduation are as follows:
- October 1, 2022 - First day to apply online to graduate
- February 6, 2023 - Last day to apply online to graduate and have your name printed in Commencement Brochure
- April 28, 2023 - Final day to apply to graduate for the term
- February 1, 2023 - First day to apply online to graduate
- June 12, 2023 - Last day to apply online to graduate and have your name printed in Commencement Brochure
- August 3, 2023 - Final day to apply to graduate for the term
- July 1, 2023 - First day to apply online to graduate
- September 18, 2023 - Last day to apply online to graduate and have your name printed in Commencement Brochure
- December 1, 2023 - Final day to apply to graduate for the term
You must apply for graduation regardless of whether or not you plan to participate in Commencement. In order to ensure that your name appears in the Commencement brochure, you must apply on or before the priority graduation deadline date. Certification of degrees begin once final grades are posted and can take up to 6 weeks.
You are responsible for checking with your College for additional graduation requirements
and any earlier application deadlines they may require.
Participation in Commencement requires RSVP, which can be done after you officially apply for graduation. See the Commencement tab for more information, and visit the official Commencement webpage for additional information and ceremony dates.
If you need to update your diploma address, please complete the Diploma Address Change Request and send to email@example.com. The diploma address cannot be updated at Commencement.
Directions to Officially Apply for Graduation, to receive your diploma:
1. Login to OASIS using MyUSF
2. Click on "My Resources"
3. Click on "OASIS"
4. Click on "Student"
5. Select "Apply for Graduation"
Ensure you select the correct degree type for your application
6. Check your USF-issued e-mail account for confirmation that you successfully completed your graduation survey and application.
Bachelor's, Master's, ED.S. or Ph.D. degree applications and the graduation survey must be submitted online by the deadline listed in your respective catalog.
In order to apply for graduation, undergraduate students must have earned a minimum of 100 credit hours and graduate students must have earned a minimum of 15 credit hours.
1. Log into OASIS using MyUSF and then follow these steps:
2. Enter your Net ID and self-assigned password
3. Click on "My Resources"
4. Click on "OASIS Student"
5. Click on "Student"
6. Click on “Graduation”
7. Click on “Apply for Associate of Arts Degree”
Associate of Arts Degree applicants need not complete a graduation survey.
You may submit a late graduation application until the last day of classes of the term you plan to graduate. If the current term is not available, apply for the upcoming term and request a backdate from your academic advisor.
If you complete the graduation survey and apply after the priority deadline, your name will not be included in the Commencement brochure.
Applying late may require your application to be moved to the following term, even if all degree requirements are met.
- Provide official transcripts of all transferred course work needed for graduation
at least one term prior to your last term.
- Notify your college of any change or error in your current schedule, including any
adds, drops or withdrawals.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your name does not appear on a class roster.
- Resolve all "I" - incomplete grades
- Resolve all "M"- missing grades
- A financial obligation to the University of South Florida will result in a hold placed
on your student record. Ensure that all outstanding fees and balances are paid in
A hold will be placed on your student record, as fees. This will prevent the release of your diploma and transcript. It is your responsibility to contact email@example.com immediately AFTER the last hold is lifted that is preventing the release of your diploma.
- Complete all exit interviews for Federal Regulated and Stafford Loans with the Office of Financial Aid.
Students applying for a second bachelor's degree from USF must earn a minimum of 30 upper-level semester hours in undergraduate courses to be applied to a second degree. These hours are in addition to the minimum number of required program hours you earned toward your first degree.
Eligible students wishing to apply the grade forgiveness policy to a course may do so at any time during their undergraduate enrollment. Once students have been awarded a bachelor’s degree from USF, they may no longer request to have grade forgiveness applied. A student is also not allowed to submit a grade forgiveness after the bachelor’s degree has been awarded. The policy applies only to courses taken originally at USF and repeated at USF. Courses transferred from other institutions are excluded from this policy.
All diplomas for degrees conferred after July 1, 2020 will read the University of South Florida and will include the consolidated college names.