Peer Leaders are undergraduate students who volunteer to assist first-year students at the University of South Florida. Academic Foundations Peer Leaders work with students enrolled in SLS2901 to introduce students to campus resources, connect students to involvement opportunities, and help facilitate a successful transition from high school to the USF community.
Benefits of serving as a Peer Leader:
- Develop leadership skills by serving as a peer advocate and mentor
- Enhance communication and facilitation skills by leading creative presentations and classroom activities
- Identify personal strengths and practice utilizing strengths within a classroom environment
- Learn how to work with peers from diverse backgrounds
- Establish positive relationships with students, staff, and faculty
- Obtain professional experience by working with an instructor to meet established standards and fulfill expectations
- Enhance the learning experience of other undergraduate students
The Peer Leader application for the upcoming year is available here: https://bit.ly/2l8IZZ4.
Contact email@example.com for more information.