National Merit Scholarship
USF National Merit Scholar Benefits
From lucrative scholarships to exclusive campus services and academic programs, USF offers an unbeatable combination of benefits for National Merit Scholars.
Generous Scholarships and Financial Support
- Scholarship covering your full cost of attendance during fall and spring semesters
- USF National Merit Tradition of Excellence Award ($20,000/$5,000 per year)
- Scholarship options for study abroad (USF Passport Scholarship - $2,000)
- Funding for academic conferences, research and publication
- Access to expert advising in the Office of National Scholarships to prepare you to compete for prestigious national and international awards
- A tuition waiver for your first year of graduate study at USF*
COST OF ATTENDANCE COVERED BY BENACQUISTO SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Both Florida and non-Florida National Merit Finalists at USF have another big-dollar scholarship opportunity: The Benacquisto Scholarship Program.
This merit scholarship for high school graduates who achieve the National Merit® Scholar Finalist designation covers 100 percent of the cost of attendance, minus the amount that you receive from Bright Futures and the National Merit Scholarship Corporation. If you qualify for this award, it will replace all other awards from the Office of Admissions, excluding the Tradition of Excellence National Merit Scholarship award.
Exclusive Campus Services
- Admittance to the Judy Genshaft Honors College: small classes, individual faculty mentoring and concierge academic advising
- On-campus housing in our Judy Genshaft Honors College Living-Learning Community
- Research opportunities early in your enrollment at USF
- First-year luncheon with the university president
Professional Career, Education and Development Support
- Assistance in securing internships
- Access to free preparatory courses for standardized tests, such as the MCAT
- Leadership development opportunities with mentoring by faculty and community leaders
For a comprehensive look at all the incredible benefits USF offers to National Merit Scholars, visit our Virtual Assets Hub to download a free benefits guide and access other exclusive content.
* This does not pay for USF Health and other professional programs.