USF's global focus means we are passionate about helping to solve some of the world's most pervasive problems. We celebrate diversity. And we take pride in our university's international flavor, created by the culturally diverse students, faculty and research partners who converge here from around the globe.
- Forty-one percent of USF's students are African American, Asian American, Hispanic, Native American or multiracial. USF continues to be home to scholars from every state in the U.S. and more than 145 countries around the world.
- USF has active collaborative agreements in more than 65 countries, laying the foundation for the development of enriching international educational and research experiences for both faculty and students.
- USF sponsors a number of international centers and institutes, including the Confucius Institute, the Institute for the Study of Latin America and the Caribbean, Florida Linkage Institutesand the Institute on Black Life.
- Education Abroad offers a variety of study abroad opportunities for students and faculty in over 25 countries, including semester exchanges, dual degree programs, summer and short-term programs, international internships, and service learning. Read about our students' experiences on the Going Places
- USF has long been a supporter of the Peace Corps program. The first individual from USF to serve in the Peace Corps took the oath in 1962 and served in Sierra Leone. Since then more than 350 USF alumni have served in countries around the globe. In 2016, USF was named a "Top Producer" of Peace Corps volunteers.
- Our annual International Month,held each fall, is a festive, month-long celebration of cultural diversity, including events such as soccer tournaments, film festivals, dance performances and a "Showcase of Flags."