Why USF for International Students?
There’s a lot to love about the University of South Florida. Read on to discover why our young, vibrant and dynamic university a leading institution for international students.
Learn more about our three USF campuses – all under the umbrella of a single Preeminent Research University.
Explore the sun-drenched, subtropical paradise that the University of South Florida calls home.
At USF, you’ll have access to more than 200 undergraduate majors and concentrations and 140 doctoral and 260 master’s programs.
Immerse yourself in a campus that is bursting with opportunities to get involved, meet new friends, discover your passions and make a difference.
Finding a community on campus is easy with USF students hailing from all 50 states and over 145 countries. We support International students like you with specific engagement opportunities to help you feel welcome at USF.
See why international students like Nithin chose USF:
USF is one of America’s top public research universities. Beginning your first year, you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the nation. You might help to develop clean sources of energy, enhance the quality of life for people with disabilities, or study the effects of cyberbullying. The possibilities are limitless.
With one of the lowest tuition rates in the United States, generous financial aid and scholarships, and plenty of student employment opportunities, USF is an outstanding value. Learn more about how we can help you reach your education goals at a price that won’t break the bank.
Student success is at the heart of what we do. To ensure the best outcomes possible, USF offers multiple academic resources for our students, including academic advising, tutoring and testing services and more.
Our International Services team also assists students like you with everything from onboarding to involvement to make sure you get the support you need.
Get ready for graduation starting on day one! USF’s Career Services supports you in the process of dreaming, planning and achieving career goals. They can teach you how to self-assess and conduct career research, seek out experiences that will give you transferable skills, and search for full-time employment. Offerings include:
- Career Coaching: Offers career exploration, resume writing and more services to current students to help you discover your career interests and find employment.
- Cooperative education: Integrates hands-on, paid, career-related work experience with your academic program and provides you with valuable training in your chosen career field.
- Internships: Offers a hands-on opportunity to work in your desired field and are often shorter in duration than a co-op.
- Job search: Prepares you for the career search after graduation with a suite of services including resume and cover letter preparation, employer research, networking and interview skills, and tips on proper attire.
Global Perspectives and Study Abroad
USF's global focus means we are passionate about helping to solve some of the world's most pervasive problems. We celebrate diversity. And we take pride in our university's international flavor, created by the culturally diverse students, faculty and research partners who converge here from around the globe.
Our international centers, study abroad programs in more than 25 countries, long-standing support of the Peace Corps and students from more than 145 countries will enrich your world outlook.
Athletics and Recreation
USF’s 18 NCAA Division I teams compete throughout the year, including football, basketball and softball. USF student perks include:
- Free Bulls Blitz bus transportation to Raymond James Stadium, home to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, for USF football games
- Free admission to every game, including football, for students
- Herd Perks Student Rewards app allows students to earn points by “checking in” to USF games throughout the year. The higher the points, the more likely you are to win fan prizes and rewards.
- Soon, students can cheer on their fellow Bulls at our very own on-campus stadium
- Gyms at all three campuses
- Equipment rentals at all three campuses
- Adventure Trips for all students
- Pools at the Tampa and St. Petersburg campuses
- Group fitness at the Tampa and St. Petersburg campuses
- Hiking trail at the Tampa campus
- USF Challenge Course at the Tampa campus
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
Request more information to discover what USF offers and how to join the herd as a bull.