Dr. Christina Nelson
director of academic programs & student affairs
- B.S. in Communication Arts & Sciences, Cornell University, 2000
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction: College Student Affairs, University of South Florida, 2005
- Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction: Higher Education Administration with a cognate area in Business Administration, University of South Florida, 2015
Dissertation: "Relationship between First-Generation College Students' Expectations for Experiences with Faculty Members and Students' Success after the First Year"
Advisor: Thomas Miller, Ed.D.
Dr. Nelson provides administrative and academic support for department faculty and staff, academic advisors, and undergraduate and graduate students in order to strive to create an atmosphere that encourages student success and scholarly pursuits.
- USF College of Education: Adjunct Instructor in the Academic Advising Graduate Certificate
- Intro to Academic Advising
- Advising Diverse Populations
- Theories and Approaches to Advising
- Issues in Academic Advising
- Former Adjunct Instructor, USF University Experience and Academic Foundations
- Former Instructor, St. Leo University University Experience Course
- Chemistry Department Undergraduate Council
- Chemistry Department Graduate Council
- Chemistry Department Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Commitee
- Web Development Committee