Molecular level characterization of active sites, guest-host interactions, and reactions in catalysts by combined application of computational methods, neutron scattering spectroscopy and other experimental methods to heterogeneous catalysis, coordination compounds, geologic and hydrogen storage materials.
- Emeritus Faculty, University of California Santa Barbara
- External Affiliate, Los Alamos Neutron Scattering Center, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Adjunct Professor of Chemistry, Texas A&M University
- Member of the editorial board of “Current Opinion in Solid State and Materials Science (Pergamon Press)
- Co-Guest Editor, Special Issue of Spectrochimica Acta A, Spectroscopic Applications of Inelastic Neutron Scattering: Theory and Practice, Spectrochimica Acta 48A, No. 3 (1992).
- Co-Guest Editor, Special Issue of Chemical Physics, Condensed phase structure and Dynamics: a combined neutron scattering and numerical modeling approach, Chem. Phys. 261, issue 1/2, 2000.