The School of Architecture & Community Design offers a variety of merit-based awards and scholarships to incoming and current students. Eligible students are contacted and awards are announced through the School of Architecture & Community Design's electronic mailing list.
- Floy Damon Award For outstanding academic performance in the area of architectural history and theory. Awarded in memory of Floy Damon by Ranon and Partners.
- Masonry Contractors Scholarship For outstanding academic performance in the subject area of architecture building technology. Funded by the Masonry Contractor's Association.
- Faculty/Staff Summer Travel Grants For summer travel and studies outside the state of Florida. Funded by the staff and faculty of USF.
- The AIA/Tampa Bay Award For outstanding professional potential as demonstrated by meritorious academic performance in the design development course. Funded by the Tampa Bay chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA).
- Milo Smith Scholarships To attract new students and to support continued studies of outstanding students in the school. Made possible by the Good Gulfstream Foundation and the annual golf tournament.
- The Florida Foundation for Architecture Scholarship For overall academic performance upon entering the final thesis year. Sponsored by the Florida Foundation for Architecture.
- The H. Dean Rowe, FAIA Scholarship For academic performance as demonstrated in the pre-Design A Studio Portfolio Review. The award is funded through an endowment established by the Rowe family and collective gifts of local practitioners in memory of H. Dean Rowe, a Fellow of the American Institute of Architects and a supporter in establishing SACD.
- The Alpha Rho Chi Bronze Medal For outstanding leadership within the student community, performance to the school and university, and demonstrated significant future professional merit. Given by the national professional architecture fraternity, Alpha Rho Chi.
- The AIA Bronze Medal For a student graduating or entering the final thesis year with overall academic excellence and extracurricular responsibilities and activities. Given by the Florida Association of the American Institute of Architects.
- The AIA/AAF Henry Adams Medal For the top-ranking (highest grade point average) graduating student from each architecture program accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board. Sponsored by the AIA.
- Eduardo Garcia Award For overall academic achievement, leadership within the program, and personal commitment to architecture. In memory of Eduardo Garcia and made possible by gifts of local practitioners and the Garcia family.
- Clear Springs Scholarship in Urban/Community Design For outstanding academic performance in Design C and other related courses. Given by the Clear Springs Land Company.
College of The Arts Financial Aid
The USF College of The Arts allocates over $200,000 a year for financial aid and scholarship funds. Learn more about scholarships open to all students registered as majors in the college.
USF Scholarships & Financial Aid
USF offers several forms of public and private financial aid including scholarships, fellowships, grants, work-study programs, and loans. Learn about the types of aid available to pursue your educational dreams.
Cost of Attendance
The cost to attend USF changes every academic year. Check with the Cost of Attendance page for your academic year estimates.