USF Master of Arts in Teaching Programs
Take the first step in becoming a teacher through USF's Master of Arts in Teaching programs! Designed for individuals with a bachelor's degree in a field outside of education, our programs connect theory to practice and qualify students to earn their state of Florida teacher certification and enter the profession immediately after graduation.
Who should enroll in this program?
- Educators who are teaching with a temporary certificate and need to earn a professional one.
- Talented professionals—in fields such as business, social services, STEM disciplines, or the military—who seek a career change to teaching.
- Recent graduates who have decided that teaching is their true passion.
Is financial aid available?
YES! The USF College of Education is proud to award more than $400,000 in scholarships to our students each year through private funding. As a student in our Master of Arts in Teaching program, you may also qualify for grants exclusively for aspiring teachers, such as the Florida Fund for Minority Teachers* or the TEACH Grant*.
*Some grants require a service agreement that must be completed upon graduation from USF. Failure to complete the service requirement may result in the grant being converted into a student loan.
Master of Arts in Teaching Programs
- Elementary Education
- Exceptional Student Education
- Foreign Language Education
- Mathematics Education (6-12)
- Middle Grades Mathematics (5-9)
- Science Education
- Secondary English Education
- Social Science Education
For more information, please contact:
Deanna Rieke, M.Ed.