Florida Bright Futures
Can I receive both Florida Bright Futures and Florida Pre-Paid?
Yes, and this is how it works:
Florida Bright Futures (FBF) funds are received from the State of Florida at the end of the first week of classes each semester. FBF will send funds in the amount of the scholarship you will be receiving to cover tuition.
|Florida Academic Scholars (FAS)||Florida Medallion Scholars (FMS)||Florida Academic Top Scholars|
|$208.69||$156.51||$44.00 + FAS|
FAS pays an additional $17 and FMS pays an additional $12.75 each term for fees. Use our Cost Calculator to see how these funds work together at USF.
After the first week of classes each term, your FBF will be applied to pay charges posted to your OASIS student account.
In general, payments are applied to charges in the following order:
- Tuition charges, then
- On-Campus Housing,then
- Meal Plan and
- Bookstore charges, (if posted to your bill via BAPP)
- USF matches the list of currently enrolled students to the FPP database;
- The amount of FPP that will pay towards your fees will display in OASIS
- Approximately 2-4 weeks after the start of classes, FPP will be applied towards your student account.
- If there are excess funds remaining after tuition has been paid, FPP will be applied to any other charges you owe the University. If you do not owe any other charges a refund will be sent to your local mailing address or deposited into your banking account if you have signed up for e-Deposit.