Florida Bright Futures
Can I receive both Florida Bright Futures and Florida Pre-Paid?
Yes, and this is how it works:
Florida Bright Futures (FBF) funds are received from the State of Florida at the end of the first week of classes each semester. FBF will send funds in the amount of the scholarship you will be receiving to cover tuition.
|Florida Academic Scholars (FAS)*||Florida Medallion Scholars (FMS)**||Florida Academic Top Scholars (ATS)|
|$208.69||$156.51||$44.00 + FAS|
|Florida Academic Scholars (FAS)*||Florida Medallion Scholars (FMS)**|
*FAS pays an additional $17 each term for fees. The State of Florida did not appropriate funds for the additional $300/term in fall and spring for educational expenses in 2021-2022. Use our Cost Calculator to see how these funds work at USF.
**FMS pays an additional $12.75 each term for fees.
After the first week of classes each term, your FBF will be applied to pay charges posted to your OASIS student account.
- In general, payments are applied to charges in the following order:
- Tuition charges
- On-Campus Housing
- Meal Plan
- Bookstore charges, (if posted to your bill via BAPP)
The University Controller's Office (UCO) administers your Florida Pre-Paid (FPP) account in the Cashier's Office, SVC 1039.
- USF matches the list of currently enrolled students to the FPP database.
- The amount of FPP that will pay towards your fees will display in OASIS. For more details, click here.
- Approximately 2-4 weeks after the start of classes, FPP will be applied towards your student account.
- If there are excess funds remaining after tuition has been paid, FPP will be applied to any other charges you owe the University. If you do not owe any other charges a refund will be sent to your local mailing address or deposited into your bank account if you have signed up for e-Deposit.