MSC Student Building Managers
Student Building Managers are integral to the daily functions of the building and help provide a second home to USF Bulls on-campus and off. Each Student Building Manager completes and extensize training program and has a strong knowledge of the Marshall Student Center, USF, and student life.
Student Building Manager Responsibilities
- Help to coordinate and manage student staff of the Marshall Student Center.
- Supervise room setups: this includes checking that they accurately reflect the reservation request and making contact with the customers
- At the conclusion of events, secure all equipment and execute facility turnover
- Enforce Marshall Student Center and USF policies, rules and regulations.
- Execute emergency procedures when necessary.
- Manage crises that may arise such as injuries, physical confrontations, etc.
- Coordinate operations with the building staff to ensure outstanding facility cleanliness and services.
- Responsible for opening, closing, clearing and securing the facility, including but not limited to reporting any security, maintenance or physical plant issues to proper personnel.
- Utilize the daily schedule and setup worksheets to provide excellent customer service.
- Participate in Building Manager meetings.
- The ability to multitask and be proactive with the setup of the day's event while performing building rounds every 45 minutes – 1 hour.
In order to be eligible for the Student Building Manager position, a student must
have worked one semester as an Events Crew Team Member. Student Building Manager Training
is a process in which the trainee will shadow current Student Building Managers and
receive on the job training. The Student Building Managers in Training will then be
subject to being interviewed by the Event Manager/s, MSC Graduate Assistant/s, Senior
Student Building Manager/s, and the Associate Director of Event Logistics. The panel
will then determine which applicant(s) will be appointed to Student Building Manager.