The Muma College of Business is an upper-level, limited access college, which means that it has admission requirements in addition to those of USF in general. Students interested in pursuing a degree in the areas offered by the Muma College of Business must complete the required prerequisites.
Requirements for Admission to the Muma College of Business
- Students must satisfy the following criteria:
- Minimum of 60 credit hours of college credit earned.
- Minimum of 2.5 cumulative grade point average on all college-level work and a minimum
of 2.0 on all credit attempted at USF, including any prior to renewal.
NOTE: Effective Fall 2013 (and each fall thereafter), the Muma College of Business will establish a new minimum overall GPA required to satisfy the limited access GPA admission requirement. The minimum overall GPA will range between a 2.50 and 2.75 GPA. Students will be notified each fall as to the minimum entrance GPA required for the following fall semester. Notification will occur through CANVAS and will also be updated on this website.
- Completion of the following State Mandated Common Prerequisites (or equivalents) with
a grade of C- or higher in each course and an overall 2.0 GPA:
- * ACGX021/ACG X022 Financial Accounting (or ACG X001 & ACG X011)
- * ACGX071 Managerial Accounting (or X301)
- CGSX100¹ Computers in Business (or acceptable substitute such as CGS X100C, CGS X530, CGS X570, CGS X531, CGSX0000, MAN X812)
- ECOX013 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECOX023 Principles of Microeconomics
- MACX233 Elementary Calculus or MAC 2230
- STAX023 Introductory Statistics or QMB X100(or STAX122 although STA X023 and QMB X100
* accounting majors must earn a C (not C-) in ACG 2021 & 2071
¹or demonstrated competency
- In computing entry grade point average all business and economics courses taken for S or U grades will be converted to C or F, respectively.
- Students working toward meeting the limited access criteria will be permitted to enroll in all foundation courses in Business (except GEB 4890) provided they have completed 60 credit hours, a minimum of 2.4 overall GPA, and have met course prerequisites.
- A minimum score of 550 on paper and pencil or 213 on computerized TOEFL is required, when applicable.
- Students must be admitted to the Muma College of Business at least one term before their anticipated graduation date.