Self Defense for Women
Community Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.) - This is a self-defense program of realistic, self-defense tactics and techniques. It is a comprehensive program for women only. The 12-hour class begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance, then progresses on to basic techniques of hands-on defensive training. The 12-hour class is broken into four (4) weekly sessions. The classes are held from 6 - 9 p.m. at the USF Police Department. The class is taught by R.A.D. Certified USF Police Officers and is not a Martial Arts program. Each student will be provided with the knowledge to help her make an educated decision about resistance to a spontaneous violent attack. This class is available to USF affiliates and non-affiliates.
- The cost of the class is $40 per person
- Desire to develop a personal safety plan.
- Comfortable clothes that do not restrict body movement: jeans, shorts or sweats.
- Sneakers (no street shoes).
- No Jewelry.
Summer Class Schedule - **The Summer Class is full.**
- Wednesday, July 24, 2019
- Wednesday, July 31, 2019
- Wednesday, August 7, 2019
- Wednesday, August 14, 2019
Fall Class Schedule - **The Fall Class is full.**
- Wednesday, September 4, 2019
- Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- Wednesday, September 18, 2019
- Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Community RAD Registration - **Please be advised, there are no refunds for this course. The funds can be used to take the course at another date and time.**