The University of South Florida system has over 50,000 commuter and residential students and over 11,000 faculty and staff members. The USF Tampa campus is also home to the Shriner's Children's Hospital, the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Pizzo Elementary School, and the USF Sun Dome. Learn more about USF.
The University of South Florida Police Department provides a full range of police services to the University of South Florida Tampa campus community. USFPD is a 24/7 agency with primary jurisdiction on and around the university campus. Learn more about USFPD.
We work hard to recruit the best officers and staff available to join our USFPD team. These are the employment positions within USFPD.
- Law Enforcement Officer
- Public Service Assistant
- Police Communications Specialist
- Other Civilian Positions
Minimum Requirements for Law Enforcement Officer Positions
Applicants for a sworn law enforcement position must:
- meet the requirements of Chapter 943, Florida Statutes
- be at least 19 years of age
- be a U.S. citizen
- be high school graduate
- have a valid driver's license
- have at least two years full-time work experience with substantial exposure to public (i.e., law enforcement, military, customer service, sales, etc.)
- not have any felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving moral turpitude, domestic violence, perjury or false statements
- meet all pre-screening requirements, including: oral board, physical examination, physical agility test, polygraph, psychological examination, and extensive background investigation including fingerprint check through the FBI
Preference is given to applicants with 60 or more semester hours or 90 or more quarter hours of college course work from an accredited college or university or; U.S. military personnel with two years of active service and an honorable discharge or; certified sworn law enforcement officers with one year or more of experience. Learn how to apply to USFPD.
If you have any questions regarding employment please contact: Victoria Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-974-0115.