Admitted Graduate Student Checklist
Congratulations on your acceptance to one of the most prominent research universities in the U.S.! Ready to get started on the transition to USF? Here are your next steps.
- Activate Your NetID and USF email address
If you haven’t already, activate your NetID and USF email address (it will be used by all university offices for official communication).
- Verify Your Contact Information
- Sign in to myUSF and navigate to OASIS (Online Access Student Information System)
- Navigate to “Personal Information”
- Verify that your address, telephone number and email addresses are current
- Check your residency status to ensure you are charged the correct tuition rate
- How to Register with OASIS
3. Submit the FAFSA
Need financial aid? Remember to submit your FAFSA before the January 1 priority deadline to be considered for the most types of aid possible.
- Explore USF Scholarships
5. Submit Final Transcripts and Test Scores
Official transcripts documenting that the required degree was completed prior to the start of graduate study at USF must be received before a second semester registration is permitted. During the first semester, the Office of Admissions will place a registration hold on the student’s file pending receipt of the official transcripts. Submit official transcripts of all bachelors and/or masters transcripts and any other transcript with graduate work (including translations and evaluations for international transcripts) directly to the Office of Admissions (Student Services Building, SVC1036) or electronically.
Official test scores, such as, GRE or GMAT, should be sent to USF from the testing center (refer to Test Scores section of the graduate catalog).
- Connect with Your Graduate Program
Some graduate programs or departments require enrollment confirmation, additional information, or your attendance at a special orientation session to secure a place in the program. In some cases, there is a strict deadline for these, so contact your program to get further instructions and learn about registering for courses.
- View the Graduate Student Life Guide
Our Graduate Student Life Guide can help you get acquainted with USF’s campus offerings for graduate students.
- Register for Orientation
The Office of Graduate Studies provides an orientation program to welcome and inform new students. This is an opportunity to learn about university services, academic resources, policies and procedures, departmental information and campus organizations.
Your department or college also may require you to attend a department or orientation session that they sponsor. Please consult your program for details.
- Submit Your Medical History
If you have an Immunization Hold, you will need to take care of this before you can register for your first classes.
- File Required Documentation (International Students Only)
International Services can assist you with your Visa and I-20 concerns.
- Residency Link: Click Here
- Oasis Link: Click Here
THAT’S IT – YOU’RE A BULL!