Admitted Graduate Student Checklist
Congratulations on your acceptance to one of the most prominent research universities in the U.S.! Ready to get started on the transition to USF? Here are your next steps.
- Activate Your NetID and USF email address
If you haven’t already, activate your NetID and USF email address (it will be used by all university offices for official communication).
- Verify Your Contact Information
- Sign in to myUSF and navigate to OASIS (Online Access Student Information System)
- Navigate to “Personal Information”
- Verify that your address, telephone number and email addresses are current
- Check your residency status to ensure you are charged the correct tuition rate
- How to Register with OASIS
3. Submit the FAFSA
Need financial aid? Remember to submit your FAFSA before the January 1 priority deadline to be considered for the most types of aid possible.
- Explore USF Scholarships
- Submit Final Transcripts and Test Scores
Within 30 days of the beginning of the semester, submit an official transcript from each institution you have attended and official test scores sent directly from the testing agency.
- Connect with Your Graduate Program
Some graduate programs or departments require enrollment confirmation, additional information, or your attendance at a special orientation session to secure a place in the program. In some cases, there is a strict deadline for these, so contact your program to get further instructions and learn about registering for courses.
- Contact your program at USF Tampa
- Contact your program at USF St. Petersburg
- Contact your program at USF Sarasota-Manatee
- View the Graduate Student Life Guide
Our Graduate Student Life Guide can help you get acquainted with USF’s campus offerings for graduate students.
- Register for Orientation
The Office of Graduate Studies provides an orientation program to welcome and inform new students. This is an opportunity to learn about university services, academic resources, policies and procedures, departmental information and campus organizations.
- Register to attend USF Tampa’s orientation
- Register to attend USF St. Petersburg’s orientation
- Register to attend USF Sarasota-Manatee’s orientation
Your department or college also may require you to attend a department or orientation session that they sponsor. Please consult your program for details.
- Submit Your Medical History
If you have an Immunization Hold, you will need to take care of this before you can register for your first classes.
- File Required Documentation (International Students Only)
International Services can assist you with your Visa and I-20 concerns.
- USF Tampa International Services
- USF St. Petersburg International Services
- USF Sarasota-Manatee International Services
THAT’S IT – YOU’RE A BULL!