Current Students

Changing Your Major

Many students enter USF with one major in mind and decide for various reasons to explore other options. If you are considering changing your major, you will need to schedule an appointment with the advisor for the major you wish to declare. Keep in mind that students can only change majors if doing so aligns with USF's Degree Progression Policy. This means that you should ensure you are in the correct major as early as possible. Work with your current advisor, career services, and other campus offices to determine how the major you're in will help you achieve your goals.

You can find a list of majors within CAS on our website. If you want to explore majors outside of CAS, you can visit the Undergraduate Catalog.

To learn how to declare a new major within CAS, please visit our major declaration page. For all other majors, please visit the appropriate college website.