Sponsored by premier public agencies and private engineering firms, the program aims to further prepare students who have a broad interest in various environmental engineering fields, such as municipal water, wastewater, solid waste, air quality, water resources, hazardous waste, sustainable engineering and energy recovery.
College of Engineering Scholarships
The University of South Florida College of Engineering is proud to offer 120 scholarship opportunities during the 2023/2024 academic year to students in various fields of study, under a range of criteria. Click here for information about the college's scholarship program and application.
Dr. Richard Stessel Memorial Fellowships
Each year, two exceptionally qualified new doctoral students will be selected to received the Dr. Richard Stessel Memorial Fellowship through the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Candidates may anticipate the folliwing terms:
- The field of study can be any area of environmental engineering.
- The student must be a new applicant to the doctoral program.
- The award can start in either semester, fall or spring.
- The student will have to be supported by any professor as a Research Assistant and the Richard Stessel fellowship will supplement that research assistantship by an additional $10,000 per year.
Applications for the Dr. Richard Stessel Memorial Fellowship may be submitted through the College of Engineering Scholarship program.
Professional Society and National Scholarships/ Fellowships
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- Florida Stormwater Association (FSA)
- Air and Waste Management Association (AWMA)
- Environmental Engineers of the Future Funding Program
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- National Science Foundation S-STEM Scholarship Program
USF Fellowship Programs
- Presidential Doctoral Fellowship
- Graduate Student Success Fellowship
- Delores Auzenne Fellowship
- USF Signature Research Doctoral Fellowship
- Mcknight Doctoral Fellowship-Florida Education Fund
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRSP)
- Ford Foundation Fellowship Program
- The Hertz Foundation Fellowship Program
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship (NDSEG)
- Science, Mathematics & Research for Transformation (SMART)
- Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowship Program