Resources for Working Remotely
COVID-19 has presented many new and unexpected challenges in both our personal and professional lives. If you are seeking ways to more effectively communicate and thrive in a remote work environment, please review some of the short videos, blog postings and courses that are available below.
You may just find a best practice, tip or trick that will help your remote work or virtual communications flow a little easier.
- 10 Tips to Successfully Manage Up in a Virtual World (post)
- How To Work From Home Without Burning Out Or Losing Work Life Balance (post)
- Suddenly a Remote Worker? 3 Ways to Spend Your Extra Free Time (post)
- Thrust into Working Remotely? Try this Attitude Adjustment (post)
- Tips for Working Remotely (course)
- Working remotely from home (video)
- Communicating in Virtual Meetings (video)
- How to Run a Successful Virtual Meeting (post)
- How to Run Virtual Meetings [Best Practices] (video)
- Setting Communication Standards for Virtual Teams (video)
- The 7 Rules of Virtual Meeting Etiquette Every Professional Should Know (post)
- The Dos and Don’ts of Video Meetings (post)
- Use virtual meetings productively (video)
For access to additional tips and resources, please visit the Division of Human Resources' EAP Tip Sheets: COVID-19 site.
*Please note that the resources listed above are meant to equip employees with general tips, tricks and best practices, and should only be applied to the extent appropriate for each unique work situation.