A financially-well person feels confident to make financial decisions. They can abide by realistic budgets and are equipped to handle emergencies. They can set and achieve realistic goals for all stages of life from paying off debts to retirement.
Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers a free Financial Wellbeing Program.
The Financial Wellbeing program can help you take control of your monthly finances, avoid pitfalls and achieve your financial goals. You can be confident about your finances at every stage of life—whether it is managing student loans, buying a home, growing a family, paying off debt or planning your retirement.
Access the EAP Financial Wellbeing Program at https://member.magellanhealthcare.com/-/financial-wellbeing
Meet with a Money Coach
- Three 30-minute telephone consultations per topic, per year
- Money Coaches have an average of 22 years of relevant professional experience and several certifications. They provide confidential, unbiased guidance to help you get into good financial shape; they don’t sell products
- Get support for concerns such as debt and credit, spending and saving, maternity leave, large purchases, caring for parents and more
Build a plan
- Take a financial assessment
- Learn how money is affecting your health, wealth and financial status
- Get a personalized action plan
- Schedule a meeting from Monday to Friday from 9:00 am – 11:00 pm ET
- Invite your spouse or partner to join you
- Achieve your financial goals
Being a USF employee can get you discounts! View the list of perks and discounts here.
How I Cut My Average Meal Cost to $3.57 by Meal Prepping – In this quick article, the author shares how food prepping cut down on the cost of groceries.
Find a list of local food pantries here.
Metropolitan Ministries offers food, residential and financial assistance https://www.metromin.org/get-help/
- The local Toys for Tots program, sponsored by the Marines, opens each Fall for toy donations and recipients in need.
- The Metropolitan Ministries Holiday Tent provides food and toys to families in need. Donations are accepted year-round.
- The Angel Tree and other holiday assistance programs that can be found through a local Salvation Army near you. Families are typically registered in the months of September, October and November.
Programs vary by county, but many offer emergency or hardship financial assistance.