Each year, USF celebrates and observes various national campaigns to increase awareness and support survivors of all forms of interpersonal violence. Use the links below to learn more about these national campaigns and follow @WellnessUSF on social media for ongoing updates. Check out our semester schedule here for a list of programs and events thoughout the month. Together, we can work to normalize a USF community free of violence.
To all survivors: We believe you. We support you. We stand with you.
The month of October is nationally recognized as Relationship Violence Awareness Month which aims to increase awareness of the prevalence of intimate partner violence, support survivors, and educate individuals on the red flags of unhealthy and abusive relationships. Learn more about Relationship Violence Awareness Month by attending our programs and events throughout the month listed on our semester schedule and use this link for additional resources you can join us in the movement against relationship violence!
RVAM Kickoff | Monday, 10/3 | 1:00-4:00pm | MSC 3707
- Self-care activities, resources, support, and t-shirt decoration for the Clothesline Project
USFHealth RVAM Kickoff | Weds, 10/5 | 11:00am-1:30pm | WELL lobby
- Resources, support, and t-shirt decoration for USFHealth's Clothesline Project
Bystander Intervention Training | Thurs, 10/6 | 12-1:30 pm | Teams
- This workshop explores ways to safely and effectively intervene to decrease instances of violence in the USF community and create a culture of collective support
The Clothesline Project | Tues, 10/11 | 11:00am-2:00pm | MSC Plaza
- National campaign to honor survivors and raise awareness about the prevalence of relationship violence
Consent Conversations | Tues, 10/18 | 5:30-7:00pm | MDA 1122
- This workshop explores ways to develop and strengthen consent communication skills
Survivor Support Group | Thurs, 10/20 | 3:30-5pm | MSC 3711
- A safe and confidential place for survivors of relationship violence to share their stories, support one another, and express solidarity
College of Public Health RVAM | Tues, 10/25 | 3:00-5:00pm | CPH Lobby
- Campus and community resources related to relationship violence
USFHealth Clothesline Project | Thurs, 10/27 | 11am-2pm| WELL Courtyard
- National campaign to honor survivors and raise awareness about the prevalence of relationship violence.
Interested in learning more? Sign up for our monthly newsletters to stay up to date with upcoming programs and student involvement opportunities!