Frequently Asked Questions
Academic Advising is by appointment only. To schedule as appointment, visit this link.
You may declare your major online through the College of Arts and Sciences website.
To receive a permit to register, you need to complete the appropriate course permit.
A permit is an electronic approval that indicates to OASIS that a student may register for a course. When the computer cannot recognize a pre-requisite (such as a course from an out-of-state or 2-year institution) on a student's record, he/she cannot register for those courses. The permit will allow the student to register for those courses. All students pursuing a minor in psychology are required to request permits for psychology courses. You should check your OASIS account to see if a permit has been approved for you.
The following are typical hold codes you will encounter:
- AA means that you are required to complete the online Canvas AA tutorial. After you
complete the AA tutorial, please email us with your U number. Subject line: AA tutorial complete.
- AF means that you are a returning student. Please email us with your U number. Subject line: AF hold.
- AP means that you are on academic probation and are required to complete the online
Canvas AP tutorial. Please click here to enroll. After you complete the AP tutorial, please email us with your U number. Subject line: AP tutorial complete.
- AR means you are missing an academic credential (transcript or AP scores) from USF
Admissions. Please contact their office at 813-974-3350.
- CC means Cash Collections. You owe money to USF. It could be past due tuition, parking
fines or library fines. Please contact the Cashier’s Office at 813-974-6056.
- IM/MH means you have not turned in your immunization forms to Student Health Services.
Their phone number is (813) 974-2331. View more information.
- IT means you have not completed the Academic Integrity module on Canvas.
Not all forms require an advisor’s signature. Forms may be obtained online or from the Psychology Department. Many may be obtained on the Registrar’s Office website, listed under Forms.
- Cross enrollment/Transient Student Forms - If you are taking any non-psychology course
at another school this form should be approved by the College of Arts and Sciences
office (BEH 201). The cross/transient enrollment from is located on the Florida Shines
- Graduation Application is now online via the OASIS Student tab menu.
- Grade forgiveness - Students should submit the grade forgiveness form to the Registrar’s
Office when the new grade is posted.
- ARC Petitions forms and step by step instructions can be found under Academic Regulations Committee. For Late Adds only: once a student has the petition and instructor forms completed and signed, the student
must obtain a departmental stamp from the department offering the course for a late
add. Students can obtain a department stamp for Psychology courses from the 4th floor
Student Services Area in the PCD building, or via email. Completed ARC petitions should be submitted to BEH 201. For status updates on your
submitted ARC petition, please email us with your U number.
- Time conflict form can be found online.
No. Please email us your question with your name and U number. If your question is too complicated, you may be asked to schedule an appointment.
There are two reasons that a class would not appear on Schedule Search:
- The class is closed.
- The class is not being offered that semester.
If a class that you need is closed, you can periodically check on Schedule Search for an open seat. Someone is always dropping out for various reasons. If that doesn’t work you can always go to that class on the first day and try to get a seat. As first day attendance is mandatory for undergraduates, anyone not attending will automatically be dropped from the class rolls.
Cross-enrollment means that you are simultaneously enrolled in at least 6 hours at USF and any number of hours at another institution. Transient study means you are attending another institution besides USF for an entire semester (you are not enrolled in any courses at USF while at the other institution). The cross/transient enrollment form is located on the Florida Shines website.
Graduation Application is now online via the OASIS Student tab menu. Before completing your application, please make sure that all majors/minors are listed. If any information is incorrect, please continue to the end of the application. All information will be revised when your degree is certified at the end of the semester.
Successfully complete your last semester! Don't forget to register for the commencement through the commencement website. There you will learn where and when the ceremony will be held, how to purchase your cap and gown, etc.