Department of World Languages
Statement From the USF Department of World Languages
World Languages is a department of many languages and cultures. As such, we stand with our colleagues and students and say: “No More”
- condemns the police practices that resulted in the killing of George Floyd.
- condemns violence against the Black community and peaceful protesters seeking justice and social change.
- recognizes that what we are witnessing now is the result of many years of systemic racism and discrimination.
- will not stand for mistreatment based on race, national origin, religion, age or sexual orientation.
- will fully support our undergraduate and graduate students and stand against discrimination.
- reaffirms its commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and urges all members of the department to join in this effort.
- is committed to reaching out and listening to the experiences of faculty, staff, and students of color.
- will actively seek guidance in the support of people of color and move toward a more inclusive departmental and campus community.