Application Process and Program Fees, Paris Summer Program
How to Apply
Students must fill out an initial application through USF’s Education Abroad Office (https://educationabroad.global.usf.edu/?go=danceparis) providing details on their academic, technical and choreographic experience, as well as their motivation for attending the program. A letter of recommendation is typically required from students outside of USF and schools affiliated with the Dance in Paris Programs, although it does not have to be submitted with the inquiry application. Priority will be given to students in their junior year of college, along with a demonstration of high academic/creative/technical strength.
Although the application deadline is January 31, 2024, students are encouraged to apply for this program early as the program fills to capacity every year and there is often a long waitlist. USF and partner institution students are given priority registration, although there are often a few slots for non-USF/partner institution students, so those students are encouraged to apply early.
USF Education Abroad will provide non-USF students with a USF e-mail account and payment schedule.
Summer Program Fees
Program Costs for 2024:
The cost for the program is currently being calculated and will be released in mid-October but students should count on the following expenses:
Program fee: $5500 - 5700
Tuition: (minimum 3-credit enrollment: $520, or 6-credit enrollment for $1040*).
*The 6-credit option is for students applying for financial aid or who need maximum credits. There is no difference in the amount of instruction/opportunities in Paris based on the number of credits you register for. (View Education Abroad website for up-to-date details.)
Program fee includes:
- Pre-departure orientations
- Accommodations (students have their own room with in-room shower and toilet)
- Admission to all cultural and performance events (Students see over 10 performances!)
- Month-long metro pass (access to all transportation within the Paris Metro area)
- Airport transfers from Paris/Charles de Gaulle airport to residence
- Two group dinners + mid-program picnic
- omprehensive emergency medical and evacuation insurance**
Program fee does not include:
- Tuition (minimum 3 credit hours = $520.00, optional 6 credit hours = $1040): covers all technique classes/workshops while in Paris (minimum of 60 hours of classes/workshops)
- International airfare
- Most meals and all personal expenses (suggested budget of approximately $800/$1000 for the month)
- Passport documentation (or visa documentation if not a U.S. citizen)
**USF provides students and faculty study abroad program participants with insurance coverage for sickness, accident, hospitalization, and emergency medical evacuation. This coverage is extended to program participants for the dates of the program. Those who plan to travel independently, in advance of or after the program, must arrange their own insurance coverage