MS in Biomedical Engineering
Master's of Science in Biomedical Engineering (M.S.B.E.)
Biomedical Engineering is a highly interdisciplinary Major that combines engineering and the medical sciences. The student works with an advisor to develop a graduate Major that draws on courses from engineering, medicine, public health, and the life sciences.
Active areas of research include: (1) biomedical imaging and bioelectronics, (2) cell and tissue engineering, (3) molecular medicine and drug delivery, (4) neuroengineering and rehabilitation engineering
In addition to USF Health, participating institutions include the James Haley Veterans Administration Hospital, Florida Orthopedics Institute, and Tampa General Hospital. For more information, please contact the BME Major Advisor.
Must meet University requirement (see Graduate Admissions) as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or higher
- GRE with preferred minimum scores:
- Quantitative > 75%
- Verbal > 50%
- Analytical Writing 4 or better
- The University of South Florida does not require GRE or GMAT scores for official admission to the University, but out graduate program does require test scores. However, if you are seeking admission during the summer or fall of 2021 and are unable to take the required entrance exam due to the COVID-19 epidemic and the resultant closing of testing centers, please contact us to request a waiver of this requirement.
- An undergraduate Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science
- TOEFL 550 (paper-based total) for international students or 213 (computer-based total)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- A statement of purpose, and
- Applicants from countries where English is not the official language must demonstrate proficiency in English. See the Admissions Policy section of the Graduate Catalog for approved ways of demonstrating proficiency.
Note: Exceptionally qualified students with bachelor's degrees in other disciplines may be admitted into the BME M.S. Major on a case-by-case evaluation of their credentials.
USF BME GRADUATE CATALOG
The Graduate Catalog is the definitive source of curriculum and requirements for USF students. Please refer to the catalog for full degree program details and policies for the Biomedical Engineering major.