Graduate Student Handbook
Please review the graduate student handbook for general guidelines of the graduate programs in biomedical engineering. This handbooks will serve as a resource for student academic success, and may be subject to change based on departmental policy updates.
For important forms from the Office of the Registrar including Final Exam Matrix, Audit form, and Late Registration Fee Waiver Form refer to the Registrar's form page.
Permits may be required in order to register for certain courses. You can see on the Schedule Planner if a permit is required, or if you receive a registration error when attempting to register in OASIS.
For permit requests for BME-prefix courses ONLY, please use our online form: Permit Request Form -- Medical Engineering.
Please note that Directed Research, Independent Study, and Master's thesis require a course contract form.
Students who have been admitted to doctoral candidacy do not need a permit in order to register for dissertation hours.
- For College of Medicine courses for BME electives, use the online permit form.
- For College of Pharmacy courses for BME electives, use the online permit form.
- For College of Public Health courses, contact here.
For help with Thesis or Dissertation, please see the College of Engineering Thesis/Dissertation Information page for the Supervisory Committee forms, latest format guide, template documents, and more.
- PhD Plan of Study
- Directed Research Contract
- PhD Qualifying Exam Application (Dissertation Proposal)
- PhD Qualifying Exam Approval (Dissertation Proposal)
- Admission to Candidacy
- Doctoral Dissertation Defense Request
- Successful Defense Form
- Doctoral Defense Assessment
- Graduation Checklist