Provost's Postdoctoral Initiative
2019-2020 Provost's Initiative in the Social Sciences and Humanities
2019-20 Applications will be accepted starting December 1st.
Letters of application and supporting material must include the following:
- A cover letter stating your interest in this Postdoctoral Initiative. It must provide
- how your research and teaching expertise would contribute to the theme of Global Change in a Dynamic World and the goals and aspirations of the USF Strategic Plan
- the department with which you would like to be affiliated (you may only be affiliated with one department);
- your teaching experience and courses that you would like to offer; and (iv) your long-term goals.
- A Curriculum Vitae,
- Two letters of reference,
- Scanned copies of your published papers/scholarly works or book chapters (maximum of 50 pages total).
- Scanned copy of your current academic transcript from your doctoral-granting institution.
- Copies of teaching evaluations from the most recent academic year.
Send all application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be in one file (PDF) except for the reference letters. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The application deadline is Friday, February 1, 2019.
The University of South Florida is one of only four Florida public universities classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching in the top tier of research universities (RU/VH), a distinction attained by only 2.3% of all U.S. universities. USF is ranked 43rd in the nation in total research expenditures. The university is authorized to provide 241 degrees at the undergraduate, graduate, specialist and doctoral levels, including the doctor of medicine. USF ranks 10th among all universities granted U.S. patents in 2014 according to the Intellectual Property Owners Association. The University has a $1.5 billion annual budget, an annual economic impact of $3.2 billion, and serves more than 48,000 students on campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Sarasota-Manatee.