Civic Engagement & Service
Open Call for Coalition Members
Are you interested in voter registration and education? Would you like to help USF maintain its Voter Friendly Campus Designation? In your space, do you engage in civic engagement efforts related to the democratic process ? If yes, we invite you to join the BullsVote Democractic Engagement Coalition. The coalition devises programs and strategies to expand access to voting materials and resources on USF's three campuses. We invite support from all interested individuals and departments. The commitment for 2023 is approximately 2 hours per month and an expansion of meetings and preparations in 2024.
For more information or to sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (813) 974-7595.
Welcome to Bullsvote! Your voter education guide
This website provides the information you need to be prepared for local, state, and national government elections.
QUICKLY FIND THE INFORMATION YOU NEED
Click on the links below to learn how you can register to vote, find election dates and information, and discover voter resources in your efforts to be a well-informed voter. You will also find information on events happening on and off campus, internship and scholarship opportunities, as well as information on participating in USF Student Government elections.
Some of the helpful information you will find in this site includes:
- Deadlines We have compiled a list of the most important dates to remember so you do not miss a thing.
- Registration If you are not already registered to vote we have included the link to our partnership
with TurboVote where you can register to vote and receive important election information.
- Also listed are helpful links to check your voter registration status and a precinct finder.
- Important Terms and Definitions For example, did you know what it means that Florida is a closed primary state and how to adjust your voting habits to accommodate for that?
- How To Vote The numerous ways to vote have been included in detail so that you can tailor your voting experience to fit your needs whether it is through the mail, early, or election day voting!
- FAQs Are you eligible to vote? Do you live on campus?
THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UPDATED OFTEN AS ADDITIONAL DATES, OPPORTUNITIES, AND RESOURCES ARE IDENTIFIED.
USF is a Voter Friendly Campus for the 4th year in a row
We are pleased to announce that USF has been named one of 258 institutions as a Voter Friendly Campus for the fourth year in a row! This designation indicates the university's continued efforts -- even during a non-national election year -- to break down barriers and empower students with the information and tools they need to participate in the political process. Campuses were evaluated on their ability to complete a multi-step process, which included engaging a coalition of campus members from staff, faculty, students, community organizations, and local election officials to develop a written plan for how the institution would engage student voters in 2022, facilitating voter education and engagement efforts on campus, and writing a final analysis of their efforts reflecting on what worked and what to change going forward. The designation is valid through December 2024.
The University of South Florida has been awarded a Highly Established Action Plan Seal by the ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge (ALL IN). This seal is awarded to campuses that have worked to increase nonpartisan democratic engagement and graduate engaged voters by building a strong nonpartisan action plan. ALL IN and the American Democracy Project, Campus Vote Project, NASPA Lead Initiative, and the Students Learn Students Vote Coalition created the Strengthening American Democracy Guide to help guide campuses on their journey to graduate democratically engaged students by building effective action plans. In 2019, a rubric based on the guide was released to allow campuses to self-assess the strength of their action plan. ALL IN provides a confidential score and feedback that helps campuses celebrate and strengthen their action plans. The Highly Established Action Plan Seal recognizes campuses that score at least 31.5 out of 36 possible points on the Strengthening American Democracy rubric.
The information on this site has been compiled with the help of the BullsVote Coalition. The Coalition began in 2020 and represents a range of stakeholder perspectives, areas of expertise, and resources ensuring a comprehensive approach to student voter engagement, voter registration, voter mobilization, and the ongoing assessment of the campus political climate. A healthy campus political environment at USF is driven by USF’s Principles of Community and leadership and civic engagement concepts (e.g. controversy with civility, conversations across difference, community engagement, active citizenship) all within the bounds of community conduct expectations.
• Center for Leadership and Civic Engagement (CLCE)
• Center for Civic Engagement, St. Petersburg campus (CCE)
• Office of Student Engagement, Sarasota-Manatee campus (OSE)
• Student Government Advising, Training and Operations (SGATO)
• Student Government (SG)
• Center for Student Involvement (CSI)/Fraternity and Sorority Life (FSL)
• Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA)
• New Student Connections/Parent and Family Programs (NSC)
• Global Citizens Project (GCP)
• Dean of Students Office (Tampa)
• Office of International Services (OIS)
• Institute for Public Policy and Leadership, Sarasota-Manatee campus (IPPL)
• USF Health Office of Shared Student Services
• School of Interdisciplinary Global Studies (SIGS)
• USF College of Public Health (COPH)
• Florida PIRG Students at USF/New Voters Project
• Student Success Communications & Marketing
Local Community Coalition Partners
• Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections (HCSOE)
• Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections (Vote Pinellas)
• Sarasota County Supervisor of Elections (SCSOE)
• Manatee County Supervisor of Elections (MCSOE)
• League of Women Voters of Hillsborough County (LWVHC)
External Coalition Partners
• Campus Vote Project/Fair Elections Center (CVP)
• Civic Influencers (formerly Campus Election Engagement Project)
• Democracy Works/TurboVote
• Institute for Democracy & Higher Education (IDHE)/NSLVE
• ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge/Civic Nation
• Students Learn Students Vote (SLSV) Coalition
• Campus Takeover