Vision and Mission
- Utility to faculty
- Service orientation
- Learning from peers
We envision a place where faculty become both inspired and empowered to innovate and rejuvenate their teaching, in an effort to promote student success, as well as a place to forge and nourish relationships across campus.
We provide "office hours for faculty." ATLE supports faculty in their roles as teachers and mentors to students. This support includes providing consultations, training, and just-in-time aid both in person and delivered asynchronously through the Web.
- Support the goals of the Student Success initiative.
- Spotlight and highlight best teaching practices among USF faculty, with particular emphasis on face to face teaching and blended modes of instruction.
- Provide opportunities through workshops and other events for faculty to learn about new techniques, strategies, and technologies for teaching.
- Enhance teaching and learning at USF by assisting faculty with continuous improvement.
- Provide training and orientation to new faculty members, adjuncts, and graduate teaching assistants.
The Academy for Teaching and Learning Excellence is a faculty-facing office in Student Affairs and Student Success, housed in Undergraduate Studies, and reports to the Dean of Undergraduate Studies. We provide support for the instructional mission of Student Success.
ATLE supports faculty, instructors, adjuncts, and graduate teaching assistants on all USF campuses and locations.