Adjunct instructors at USF are hired by individual departments/schools. There is no required training or orientation for adjuncts, but there are several resources available to them that may be helpful.
- Adjunct Teaching Retreat: A one-day whirlwind prep day for adjuncts on a weekend before the start of fall and spring term.
- Canvas Camp: A one-day event, co-hosted with Innovative Education, that will offer workshops and best practices on using Canvas.
- International Teachers' Day: A face-to-face single-day event to familiarize instructors and teaching assistants of international origin what to expect from American students, how to minimize language and accent issues, and how to leverage best practices in teaching to avoid problems that could otherwise crop up.
- Tech Camp: An informal, day-long, drop-by seminar, held each summer, where various technologies for teaching are demonstrated.
- Teaching Fair: Start the academic year with a showcase of teaching best practices, tips, campus resources, games and prizes.
- Workshops: Frequent workshops on topics in teaching and learning, sharing best practices, and exploring new research.
- College Teaching Introduction: A self-paced online course (free to USF instructional personnel) discussing best practices in teaching, from writing quizzes and delivering lectures, to effective classroom management and strong course design. This resource is available in Canvas, the university's learning management software (LMS).
- Adjunct Book Club: An informal, cross-disciplinary gathering of USF adjunct instructors who meet to discuss a variety of books related to teaching and learning.
- Peer Observation Groups: An informal opportunity for USF faculty to observe each other's classes in small teams, both giving and receiving useful feedback on their teaching practices.
- Starting the Semester: Information to help you plan and facilitate a successful first day of class.
- Faculty Glossary: A list of terms (and acronyms) related to teaching at USF.
- Higher Education Glossary: A list of terms (and acronyms) frequently used in Higher Education in the United States.
- Syllabus Template: A USF-specific template with lots of instructions and examples to help you craft your own syllabus.
- Evaluation of Teaching: Information related to USF's evaluation of adjunct instructors.