The Academy for Teaching and Learning Excellence (ATLE) offers a variety of resources that support instructional personnel on the USF Tampa campus. For ideas on how to adjust, innovate, and expand your teaching horizons, visit the links to the left, which include:
- Assessment: ideas for optimizing your assessment strategies including, test construction and grading methods
- Care Team: collection of professional staff, student assistants, and faculty joined in the cause of ensuring that EVERY student can succeed
- Classroom Management: strategies and policies to help you cultivate and maintain productive classroom environments
- Course Design: ideas for jump-starting a course redesign that matches your skills and comfort level
- Curriculum Design: resources about institutional effectiveness, academic learning compacts, and program-level learning outcomes
- International Populations: resources and tips for international faculty and for teaching international students
- Resource Library: readings available for check-out in the ATLE library that can help you improve your teaching
- Starting the Semester: information to help you plan and facilitate a successful first day of class
- Syllabus: information to help you build or refine your course syllabi, including a USF-specific template
- Teaching Evaluation: information about how faculty are evaluated by departments and students
- Teaching Methods: collection of special pedagogies you may wish to consider including interactive techniques, experiential/service-learning, team-based learning, and inquiry learning
- Teaching Topics: variety of issues related to teaching including diversity, sustainability, and globalization in curriculum
Additional Important Resources
- Academic Misconduct: information about plagiarism and cheating, and how to report integrity violations, including the process to issue FF grades.
- Bloom's Taxonomy: levels and associated verbs useful for learning objectives, course design, and writing assessments
- Faculty Information System: clickpath on using the digital process for tenure and promotion.
- Interactive Techniques: toolbox of activities, discussion starters, and partner/groupwork exercises
- Learning Science: information about how (all) students learn, and some instructor choices that can help them succeed.
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL): resources to help you design and interpret SoTL research and find journals for publishing
- Teaching Online: support for online teaching comes from Online Faculty Development, a division of Innovative Education. See their site for information on required training and related information.
- Teaching Philosophy Statements: USF faculty from a variety of disciplines share their teaching philosophies.
- Faculty History: This online curriculum vita should be kept current to make annual evaluation and tenure application processes quicker and more streamlined.
- Teaching Essentials: A self-paced (and fully optional), 18-hour online course discussing best practices in teaching, from writing quizzes and delivering lectures, to effective classroom management and strong course design. This resource is available in Canvas, the university's learning management software (LMS). Enroll here: https://usflearn.instructure.com/enroll/9GAFYM.
- Copyright, Fair Use, and the TEACH Act - Information from the USF Library about the use of copyrighted materials.