Online Master of Social Work
Online MSW Program Requirements & Curriculum Schedule
Online MSW Program Requirements:
The USF Online MSW program utilizes a cohort model that allows students to connect and build relationships with their fellow classmates as well as their instructors through sequenced course work. Students are able to obtain course content online while also participating in live online learning experiences with faculty.
USF’s online MSW programs are designed to prepare professionals to become tomorrow’s leaders in social work clinical practice. They are built upon a strong foundation of social work ethics, values and professional standards, followed by advanced scholarly study in preparation for clinical social work with individuals, families, groups and communities. As such, students should enter the online program willing to meet the following requirements:
- Live online classes will start during the third semester of the program and will meet weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:30pm-8:45pm EST. Students are expected to participate for the full duration of these classes by use of a webcam.
- Students will complete 12-15 hours of field per week with a total of 900 hours by the end of the program. All students must complete at least 4 of their weekly required hours during typical business hours.
- USF's online programs are authorized in all 50 states, including the District of Columbia. Non-Florida residents should contact their state's licensing agency to ensure this program meets their state's professional licensure requirements. For more information, see here.
- Specific technical equipment and needs are required to fully participate in an online learning environment. Please review these requirements here.
- Click here to review the curriculum for the Online MSW Program.
*All clinical electives must be taken in the School of Social Work. A list of approved electives offered by the School of Social Work can be found here