Major Minor Declaration/Change

Request to Change/Declare a College of Behavioral and Community Sciences Major or Minor

Please Read All of the Following Carefully.
A 2.00 USF GPA is required to declare all majors. If this is your first semester at USF, you will need to wait until you finish your first semester and have the USF GPA required.

Students are expected to graduate within the minimum number of semesters appropriate to their academic work completed at the time of admission in accordance with the USF Degree Progression and Completion Deadlines policy and Florida's Excess Hours Surcharge Policy.

After reviewing the list of major options or minor options and checking your Excess Hour Counter, make a decision that aligns with the Degree Progression and Completion Deadlines and Excess Hours Surcharge Policy and submit a request to declare/change your major or minor. After your submission, an evaluation of your academic record will be reviewed and compared to the guidelines. You may receive a referral to see an Academic Advisor to discuss your Declaration/Change of major request before it can be processed.

Remember, your request might not be permitted if it does not fall within the criteria of the Degree Progression Deadlines and Excess hours policy.

Please note: Behavioral Healthcare, Criminology, and Social Work require field experience/internships that require a criminal background check. If you perceive an issue with this, please discuss with your academic advisor prior to declaring one of these majors.

If your change of major or minor request is approved, all changes will not be effective until the following term.

Click here to request your Declaration/Change of MAJOR online.
(USF Tampa campus only)

Click here to request your Declaration/Change of MINOR online.
(USF Tampa campus only)

MJ Holds
Once your declaration of major is processed, the MJ hold will be removed from your OASIS account. The processing time will depend on the evaluation of your academic record.

Campus Declaration
If you are interested in changing your campus (Tampa, Sarasota-Manatee, St. Pete) Please see your advisor.